Ericsson's Compliance Office has the group responsibility for three compliance areas: Antitrust (compliance with competition law), Anti-corruption (compliance with corruption and bribery law) and Trade Compliance (compliance with customs, sanctions, and export control laws).
The Compliance Office within Group Function (GF) Legal Affairs & Compliance develop and maintain Ericsson’s compliance program. The Compliance Office also support compliance teams in the MAs or operational units, which are responsible for supporting and monitoring the execution of the compliance program in all operating units and legal entities within the countries of responsibility. This role will be focused on third party due diligence internationally - location is flexible so long as the individual is willing to travel extensively (50%+).
- Lead in developing a culture of compliance, setting an example for transparency and promoting an environment where speaking up in a professional manner is encouraged.
- Provide regular updates to management teams, the compliance organization and others, as needed, regarding implementation of the compliance program, including relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in areas of responsibility.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the local business activities and applicable laws and regulations.
- Identify compliance priorities; plan and prioritize activities based on risk on a prescribed cycle (e.g., development of annual compliance plan).
- Alongside colleagues from headquarters, perform compliance risk assessments, reviews and monitoring.
- Supplement group trainings to ensure local requirements are addressed; conduct and ensure appropriate monitoring of compliance training and awareness programs.
- Review commercial projects to identify and mitigate compliance risks presented.
- Ensure effective implementation of Third-Party Due Diligence (TPDD) process and train functions involved in the process, including third parties completing process, when needed.
- Enhance and embed a groupwide strategy for approving and managing third parties exposed to bribery & corruption/AML risks, including supply chain, sales channel and other business partners.
- Provide guidance and support to the Market
- Maintain documentation of compliant, timely and practical advice.
- Assist with assessment and management of material actual or potential conflicts of interest.
- Utilize the case management system and lead and/or support investigations.
- Manage reporting to relevant stakeholders regarding compliance-related reports of misconduct, investigations, and remediation efforts, where applicable.
- Work with local head(s) of legal and other stakeholders to ensure that interactions with local authorities and regulators are coordinated; implement processes to identify and manage regulatory requests and deadlines.
- Assist with or conduct compliance-related merger and acquisition (M&A) due diligences and execute integration activities in your countries, as needed.
- Draft compliance-related reports as required by the Compliance Office.
Profile and competence requirements
- High level of integrity with character consistent with Ericsson values of respect, professionalism and perseverance; must be empathetic and willing to listen.
- Master of Law, Business, Accounting or other university degree suitable for compliance.
- Must be fluent in English, additional fluency in Arabic, Spanish, or Mandarin preferred.
- Working experience 8 years in compliance, legal or other relevant field (finance, audit).
- Working experience in compliance area, at least 5 years of anti-bribery and corruption compliance or addressing compliance topics.
- Good business knowledge/understanding.
- Good networking ability and social skills including the ability to handle internal and external contacts, including Government authorities and regulators.
- International experience and cultural awareness.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Independent, goal-oriented and systematic way of working.
Willingness to travel up to 50%.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || SharedServ