The specialist role covers how to make best use of open-source Operating Systems, like Linux, both in an Embedded Real-Time deployment as well as in a virtualized domain.
The specialist will monitor, prototype and specify changes that are needed in the Operating System domain connected to the products that we develop in BNEW.
There are currently two major changes in the industry that will have significant impact on the software architecture.
- There will be a more distributed software environment where software needs to be flexible to handle different deployment scenarios
- There will be increased use of multi core processors with HW acceleration
BNEW DNEW DSI DAC DE 1 is responsible for bringing in the Linux Operating System into BNEW. Included in this responsibility is to drive and steer the supplier to implement the correct features in the OS that Ericsson cannot do on our own, due to legal reasons.
To take this responsibility, and to be able to handle the above described changes in the industry, there is a need to have deep understanding of the behaviors of the OS. This will help us understand how new features will impact the behavior of our systems. Connected to this is also to monitor what is ongoing in the world around us and bring those influences in to Ericsson.
When Ericsson now migrates some applications over to cloud-based deployments and where the application has a need to work both in an embedded and a virtualized domain a deeper knowledge of the OS is needed
- Drive BNEW system work related to Linux kernel and its impact on BNEW products.
- Collect and specify Linux Kernel requirements for communication towards Linux Distro provider.
- Review internal BNEW OS implementations and advice on best practice.
- Monitor progress of Open Source projects related to OS development. This includes more than just Linux, e.g. BSD.
- Interact with Open Source groups/vendors to push Ericsson Strategy.
- Drive BNEW Open source Operating system strategy and roadmap for BNEW portfolio
The Specialist is NOT allowed to do commits, or in any other way be perceived to do contributions or development, towards the Linux kernel, since this is not allowed according to Group Function Directive.
- Education: Master´s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Min years of experience: 5 years of relevant experience within software development
- Domain experience: Linux
- You will need strong Project and Program Management Skills
- Coaching & Mentoring Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Customer Insight
- Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration Skills
- Standardization Knowledge
- Innovations Skills
- The position requires specific knowledge obtained from a Senior or Master position from other R&D positions within Ericsson, or equivalent external experience.
Interested in joining our #TeamEricsson?
Feel free to apply and include resume in English, outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position.
The selection and interview process are ongoing. Therefore, send in your application as soon as possible, no later than 21th February 2020.
If you have any further questions regarding the process, you are welcome to contact the recruiter Marco Crosilla (email@example.com).
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Req ID: 323202