Ericsson Functional Area: Networks
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: less than 10%
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for a highly experienced Network Engineer who will be responsible for EME and RF Design related activities to meet customer requirements. This will involve working with SAED and Build teams on EME mitigation strategies for challenging sites and coming with site design solution that is within budget and timeframe. The Network Engineer is expected to have strong knowledge of the latest Australian EME requirements and ACMA regulations and have strong practical experience with using EME tools.
In this role, you would:
- Support in delivery of RF designs in line with the design processes and guidelines
- Work closely with SAED/ASP on EME mitigation strategies where site fails EME thresholds
- Regular engagement with customer on EME site issues and site resolution within timeframe and budget
- Responsible for RFNSA, STAD, EME report creation/quality and audit checks
- Responsible for ACMA Device registration and audit checks
- Report to the RAN Design Lead
- Generate Form A and Form Bs
- Supporting RAN Design Lead on other ad-hoc project deliverables
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Minimum years of experience: 7+ years in telecommunication operator and/or vendor environment
- Strong technical understanding and experience in RF Planning, Design, Tuning and Optimization in WCDMA/LTE networks (any 5G experience highly regarded).
- Must have excellent knowledge of Australian EME compliance requirements and ACMA regulations
- Solid understanding of ARPANSA and AMTA guidelines
- Excellent practical knowledge on EME mitigation strategies for different site types
- Hands-on experience with using RF-MAP2 and knowledge of RFNSA STAD & EME Reports
- Proven experience in engaging with customer on resolving complex EME site issues
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence customers and key stakeholders
- RF Planning tool experience in ATOLL or Mentum Planet
You may also have:
- Programming and scripting skills such as Python, VBA (highly regarded)
- Experience and understanding of tools such as IXUS or ProX5 for PRDs
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here: https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.