Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
We are now looking for a Senior Characteristics Architect in Cloud area at MTAS to join our development organization in Budapest.
At our Development Center MTAS within the Product Development Unit (PDU) Converged Core we develop and support the Multimedia Telephony Application Server (MTAS) which is a key component of current and future communication services solutions across the globe. Our portfolio has strong market traction and we are getting into new markets, expanding existing deployments, enhancing the feature set and transforming our portfolio from virtualized products to cloud native products.
MTAS comprises several application servers providing a rich feature set enabling communication services for multiple types of customers and deployments. Our customer base is global and stretches from tier 1 mobile operators to fixed replacements and cable operators to also include the enterprise market. Our goal is to provide a system that is in the first line of the communication service evolution at the same time as it can be integrated and interoperable with legacy technologies and the different regulatory requirements of the global market.
You will love working in an organization with agile Exchange To Exchange (E2E) development teams and close collaboration with product management and other technical leaders.
The MTAS development organization is distributed across Sweden, Hungary and India. This position is located in Budapest/Hungary.
What you will do:
- Leading characteristic measurements realted to new functional and non-functional features
- Run CANDI measurements
- Collaborating with all Systems Architect in MTAS organization
- Be the first point of contact for the teams in relation to the characteristics
- Developing in line with MTAS practices of lean, agile, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Contributing to MTAS architecture evolution and governance as part of the MTAS architecture community
- Contributing to the continuous evolution of MTAS best practices in ways of working
- Be a key person in knowledge sharing and learning
- Have the opportunity to continuously develop your technical competence
Apply if you have
- Education: Master of Science or corresponding university studies
- At least 5 years of experience as a System Architect, Technical leader, Lead designer or in a similar role
- Architectural approach
- Domain experience:
- Knowledge of communication services technologies VoLTE and IMS, preferably also Circuit Switched telephony technology, Cloud related technologies
- Knowledge of network function management, automation and life cycle management
- System design for high availability, robustness, scalability and capacity
- Solid knowledge in Cloud related technologies, like VMWare/Openstack Cloud
- Business and customer focus
- Strong driver mindset
- Excellent English skills
Advantage if you have
- Experience in agile, lean or DevOps development
- Excellent communication skills on business and technical overview level as well as technical detailed level
- Strong leadership skills in line with Ericsson values
- Excellent collaboration and networking skills
- Coaching & mentoring skills
- A result oriented mindset and know how to meet customer expectations
- The ability to adapt, respond to change and innovate
- Product development processes knowledge
- Product life cycle management knowledge
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 322342