At Ericsson, you can be a game changer. Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’ - setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world. Are you in?
Key Account Manager (KAM) – New Accounts Ethiopia aims to drive business, relationship and capabilities by leading the Ericsson organization on new business development, planning organizational capability and establishment, bid engagement, service & technical sales activities, establishing and growing relationships with key enterprises and institutions (for example new Regulator, Towercos, Banks, ASPs, technology partners, Government ministries).
The KAM - New Accounts Ethiopia role mirrors the Ethiopia opportunity spectrum and as a result cuts across Networks, Managed Services and Digital Services domains as well as other engagement & support functions. This is to ensure that proactive planning and actions can be taken. The KAM is locally responsible for new Business engagements with Ericsson customers in Ethiopia and will liaise with any GCUs or other CU’s that work with the companies looking to enter Ethiopia.
The KAM will report to Head of CU South and East Africa.
As a KAM, your essential responsibilities are:
- Be the trusted partner to all prospective new customers in Ethiopia, Government, Towercos, Banks, partner companies and their teams and to influence their joint agenda.
- Ensure alignment with all parties and G/CU groups.
- Influence Customers vision & strategy, drive Ericsson involvement in creating customer visions, strategies & requirements
- Influence MMEA planning and execution for ramp up of Ethiopia capabilities, resources, recruitment, strategies & requirements across all functions.
- Identify business opportunities, identify customer business needs through consultative engagements
- Support to drive opportunities to deals, conduct in-depth business focused discussions with customer
- Drive Knowledge Transfer, perform coaching and mentoring activities to support internal competence build up
Relationships and interfaces:
- Prospective Customers C-Level
- All G/CU’s KAM’s, Account managers
- MMEA Domains
- MMEA Engagement & Support Functions
The authority of the KAM in general, shall be enough in order to make all necessary decisions regarding the new Ethiopia business targeted and the Ericsson Ethiopia capability establishment and ramp up.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of Leadership with business & technical engagements
- Experience across the full Ericsson portfolio (Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services)
- Demonstrated initiative & drive in complex situations.
- Financial awareness including set up of financing solutions, co-operation with banks, credit agencies and customers.
- Change Management and Transformation skills
- Portfolio expertise in area of responsibility
- Customer Insight
- Selling and presentation skills
You should also have:
- University degree in Business or Engineering, Master’s degree would be advantageous or equivalent working experience.
- What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
- For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
- For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ethiopia (ET) || || Addis Ababa || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 321744