Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers & more than 40% of the world’s mobile traffic is carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology and people have changed the world. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
The Availability Manager is key member of the ESN (Emergency Services Network) Service Management Team accountable for assessing, planning and reacting to changes in Service Coverage Availability ensuring each county attains its specific Availability KPI target and the highest level of service is delivered to the emergency services community.
The post-holder will be responsible for co-ordinating and planning deployment of mobile assets to proactively mitigate impact of changes and incidents ensuring service levels are maintained or enhanced and providing assistance were required to drive recovery plans in fault situations.
The role is one of the key interfaces into the customer, supplier and stakeholder communities supporting the MSIP team with the regular ORM’s and governance performance reviews along with development of new processes and ways of working which reflect changes to the support model.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- You will be accountable for ensuring service performance is maintained and protected across all ESN counties.
- You will work with Third Parties (e.g. BT) to co-ordinate the forward scheduling and deployment of mobile ESN Support assets (e.g. RRV, SBH) to maintain required service levels, highlighting and managing risks as required.
- You will support MSDM and Head of ESN Operations Assurance in completion of weekly/monthly and ad-hoc reports taking the lead as required in Operational Review Meetings (ORM’s) and PRM (Performance Review Meetings).
- You will be responsible for attending ORM’s with key suppliers providing clear insight to their performance and highlighting any issues which have had a negative impact on the customer.
- You will be responsible for supporting the development and improvement of operational process.
- You will be contributing to the creation of incident reports where required.
- You will be responsible for supporting the Incident manager during major/significant Incidents affecting the customers network or service
- You will be actively contributing to development and improvement of the service across all aspects of the delivery
- You will act as “Single Point of Contact” for key individuals/departments within the customers and internal organisation in relation to the management of the service. Owning any escalations, requests or queries ensuring appropriate action is taken to manage or resolve.
- You will maintain and drive a self-managed competence baseline, identifying development and learning requirements in line with the customer network/service evolution and its strategy.
Technical Competencies (Essential and Desirable)
- Good level understanding of the customers network and services – Essential
- Telecoms industry experience, specifically around RAN Networks - Essential
- Experience working within a customer led environment with ability to manage customer expectations and build/maintain key relationships. – Essential
- Proven ability to manage/lead service/network recovery within a complex support and service environment - Essential
- Ability to use database/spreadsheet applications to manipulate data and reports to support ongoing analysis and present conclusions - Essential
- Good understanding of ITIL incident, problem, change practices. – Desirable
- BTEC within Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent. – Essential
- Proven level of experience in Operations, implementation, integration, support or testing environment. – Essential.
Are you looking to take the next step in your career with a company who can offer professional progression? Are you looking to secure a role that offers the chance to positively impact the UK ESM 4G Network? Are you keen to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with like-minded, Incident Management professionals? Are you happy working in a shift-based environment, encompassing both day and night work?
If the answer is Yes to all of the above, Ericsson offers all of this and more! Why hesitate to apply?