Are you in for new technologies in Telecommunications? Join us as a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers in User Data Management. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The UDM Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as an UDM Support Engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Handle and drive Customer Service Requests.
- Perform remote and on-site troubleshooting in real customer networks and labs.
- Take part in on-site installation, configuration and testing activities.
- Dialog frequently with our interfaces in the region, PDU and product line.
- Proven customer support experience.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Availability for on-call work schedule. (Planned for the future)
- Telecommunications or related Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience with UDM & Policy nodes (CUDB, HSS, SAPC, HLR, IPWorks, UPG, EIR)
- Strong MySQL knowledge
- Linux expert (Different DIstros as a Sys Admin)
- Call path & Network knowledge
- Protocols TS: Diameter, MAP, SIP, LDAP, App traces
- Understanding on 2G/3G/4G/VoLTE
- Network Level Competence
- Platform: CBA, TSP, BSP, EBS
- Monitoring Tools (Desirable)
- Cloud and virtualization. (Desirable)
- IP Networking, IP Routing & Switching protocols
As a plus:
- XML, Phyton knowledge
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging everyday. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission- to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.