Research Leader for Cloud Research Team, Bangalore
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. We are a truly global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment.
Ericsson Research (ER), is the central research organization within the Ericsson group. We are 700+ researchers in eight countries with the central site in Kista, Stockholm. Our mission is to provide Ericsson with system concepts, technology, and methodology, to secure long-term competitive product positioning. World-class innovation is achieved through cooperation within Ericsson as well as with partners, customers, universities, and research institutes. For more information, see https://www.ericsson.com/en/future-technologies
We are currently looking for a Research Leader for the Cloud research team in Bangalore in the Research Area Cloud Systems and Platforms (RA-CSP). The position reports to the Head of RA-CSP and is a member of the RA-CSP Leadership team.
The team’s research involves leading research in state-of-the-art cloud technologies with applications to 5G+ and IoT use cases. In particular, the team’s focus includes research in Heterogenous Cloud Compute/Storage, Distributed Cloud/Systems and Advanced Virtualization techniques. We leverage advanced hardware/software technologies to create innovative technology differentiators towards 5G/IoT systems in close collaboration with Ericsson Business Areas, as well as industrial/academic partners. The team comprises of highly qualified and motivated full-time researchers, interns, MS/PhD students located in Bangalore. We work in global research projects together with fellow researchers in Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Canada and USA.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership ensuring the group’s strategic direction and contribution in the relevant technology areas
- Personnel responsibility for a team of researchers, which includes goal setting, performance management, project follow-up, resource planning, and competence development, recruitments, collaborations and coaching.
- Work in the Research Area Leadership Team, participating in strategic discussions for leading the Research Area and taking on Leadership assignments.
- Interact with key internal stakeholders such as business areas, market areas and internal operations to ensure Ericsson’s technology leadership and business relevance of research activities
- Establish, drive and maintain collaborations with universities, research institutes, and other external/industry partners to create long term value for Ericsson
- Be a role model for the unit representing the Ericsson values
- PhD (preferred) or M’Tech in computer science from a reputed university
- Experience leading industrial research teams
- Strong technical and business understanding of emerging cloud technology areas
- Demonstrated ability to extract insights relevant to the research focus from the business needs of the company and convert them into concrete and relevant research activities
- Experience working with faculty at top universities and publicly funded research and innovation projects with an established personal network in academia
- Communicating Ericsson thought leadership both internally and externally
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Curiosity and interest in global technical and business trends
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || R&D
Job details: Researcher Job Stage 07