Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions - and our customers - are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Competency : R&D-S&T
As a Technology Specialist you will be responsible for development of innovative and competitive technical solutions, products and components with a focus on NFV Infrastructure and Cloud SDN Networking. You will be actively engaged in the R&D process to ensure the development of high quality, innovative solutions, products and/or components using the most appropriate technology available across that area.
- Strong background in network solutions and architectures, including customer expectations and pain points
- Expertise in SDN technology, SDN Controllers, Open Flow, Open Daylight (ODL), Open vSwitch (OVS), NFV iinfrastructure and related product development
- Cloud technologies, Cloud networking, Distributed Clouds, Cloud Security, Cloud native applications, Contaioner technology, Kubernetes
- Proven knowledge of Network Element and Network Management systems.
- Excellent knowledge IP networking and transport products (BNG, Routing, Metro, Optical transport) and mobile products applications (Gateways, Gi Services)
- Demonstrated experience in design of highly scalable and fault tolerant system including hitless software upgrade, distributed control and redundancy.
- Strong understanding of design issues related to software abstraction and componentization versus system performance.
- Design experience in BSD/Linux and multi-core CPU and NUMA.
- Hands on experience in gathering and documenting engineering requirements.
- Consultative behavior, business minded and strong team spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer management skills.
- Team player with outstanding skills in cooperation amongst key stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and oral communications in English.
- Be willing to travel occasionally and attend off-hour meetings with other teams around the world.
- Strong technical understanding of Java and multi-threaded application development.
- Self sufficient, and have good self initiative/drive.
- Ability to invent and innovate.
- Strong and proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence product and technical directions.
- Responsible for system architecture and applications software for Ericsson’s Cloud SDN solutions, SDN Controller Platform, SDN switching technology and applications for Service Provider networks (both fixed and mobile).
- Responsible for solutions leveraging NFVI Infrastructure in addressing current and evolving network architectures (5G, Distributed Cloud, other) for Ericsson’s customers
- Provide leadership in standards and open-source communities related to SDN technology esp. OpenDaylight, OVS and OPNFV
- Provide technology leadership during entire life-cycle: product strategy and development
- Drive innovation in the organization: forward-looking technology initiatives, contributions to industry forums (including standards) and patents.
- Responsible for product requirement analysis, technical solutions and implementation strategy. Ability to synthesize from the big-picture (customers, competitors, market and technology trends and standards).
- Primary interface towards Product Management, other Systems & Technology teams, and Ericsson Research; also make technical contributions to customer engagements.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.