Sign Language Production Assistant
Red Bee Media:
Are you looking to work with an exciting company who is passionate about technology and its impact on customers?
Red Bee Media specialises in the delivery and promotion of digital media and offers the complete range of services required to promote, playout and provide access to broadcast content across all media, from television to mobile phones. Red Bee Media is the largest playout and channel management business in the UK, providing critical services to a number of broadcasters including the BBC, UKTV, Channel 4 and Five to name a few.
Please visit www.redbeemedia.com for further information.
Reporting to the Signing General Manager, the Sign Language Interpretation Production Assistants will work with various teams within Access Services to provide comprehensive support for all aspects of sign-interpreted programme production, including research, media tracking, programme transmission, and administrative duties.
- You will liaise with clients and media management to obtain media, scripts and other materials as promptly as possible for subtitling, audio description and signing
- You will prepare scripts as appropriate to make the subtitling process more efficient
- You will input client schedules into in-house scheduling system and respond to schedule changes
- You will perform admin tasks associated with allocations changes as directed by the Duty Manager (DM)
- You will build and maintain contact lists and databases relating to contributors, programme content and production schedules
- You will provide operational assistance as required both in the production and transmission of sign-interpreted programmes and for live and pre-recorded programmes
- Act as a focal point for the Sign Language Interpretation (SLI) team, and to undertake the maintenance of all records and systems used by the team
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrable administrative experience including accurate record keeping and maintaining scheduling systems / databases
- An awareness of and interest in the work of Red Bee Media and Access Services and their clients
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Demonstrable effective time management, organisational skills, accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Excel; experience of working with new technology and equipment
- An awareness of/interest in working with Deaf colleagues and contributors
Why apply for this role:
Can you demonstrate experience in the above? Do you thrive in a fast paced, exciting environment that can be subject to rapid change? Are you interested in working for a company that can offer the possibility of flexible working? If the answer is yes, then Red Bee offers all the above and more, so why wait to apply? Come and join our fantastic, passionate team and be part of the next IT revolution!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || White City || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Access Services Operations Job Stage 02