Functional Area : Service Delivery
Location: Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Travel Requirements : 10%
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
We are now looking for Product Support Engineer.
As a product support engineer, you will support operation team to handle the overall technical issue of the products, product development (failure analysis improvement), to prepare troubleshooting guide and to build the competence of the operation team. You will support the Transfer Product Introduction (TPI)/New Product Introduction (NPI) project, System Integration studies and preparation before release to operation team for implementation.
You will need to ensure the operation team follow the proper process and repair method adhere to ESD regulations and company’s Standard
- To prepare the troubleshoot guideline and provide technical troubleshooting knowledge training to build the competence of the Operation team included debug Engineer/Executive and troubleshooters.
- To support on the 3rd level critical troubleshoot failed units raised by operation Team as per target date.
- To execute failure analysis on product and submit FA report for improvement.
- The main contact window for Repair Solution for any technical related issue in terms of any kind of product analysis, evaluation as per request.
- Responsible to ensure the new or termination of additional process, product quality investigation
- To support TPI and NPI projects in term of product technical related issue, process validation, system setup
- To support NPI in term of products technical knowledge, normal repair flow, Repair process, tools study validation and material/mechanical part study validation. Also support on the documentation preparation
- Responsible to provide feedback to respective personal in order to improve on product repair & screening process quality and work together with operation Team, Repair Solution & design team for improvement on product repaired. To support and assist design team in design investigation to improve the quality of the product
- To review together with operation team to develop, execute and innovate the operation processes. Monitor the operation flow and ensure instruction and regulations followed & applied
- To prepare and keep updating the product related documentation (E.g. Product Matrix & etc.)
- To continue support any system updates for Operation team
- To support any ad-hoc issue assigned by Manager.
- Possess a minimum of Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Certified in soldering work (Thru hole and SMD)
- Preferable with minimum three year working experience in operation of electronics printed circuit board assemblies.
- Basic knowledge in transceiver switching, radio technology, broadband (3G)
- Able to communicate and understanding in English in any business situation
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Malaysia (MY) || || Shah Alam || ServEng
Job details: HW Make Support Job Stage 5