Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity
If you are someone who has passion towards technology and innovation, here is an opportunity to work with us. As a Automation Engineer we are looking for future leaders with Entrepreneurial & Service mindset to influence and deliver results.
- The Automation Engineer (AE) contributes, to create a customer’s solution, in all phases of the software development lifecycle, towards properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business requirements.
- AE is responsible for ensuring that the Automations are created as per design and provide the necessary functionality and perform in accordance to the overall requirements
- Creating & innovating
- Stakeholder management
- Embrace change
- Learning and Researching
- Applying expertise and technology
- Presenting & communicating information
- Create Automation Design, Development , and conduct UATesting
- Translate customer needs and business requirements into detailed technical solutions and proposals supporting the integration and deployment of such solutions in production.
- Diagnose and repair bugs within production code.
- Create simple SQL queries for validation of databases (case specific).
- Be responsible for creating high level/low level design specifications and other documents.
- Coordinate requirements gathering and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives and stakeholders that use cases accurately portray business needs.
- Contribute to project plan and participate in all project phases
Key Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably B.E or B.tech or higher with a major in CS or IT
- At least 2 years of experience as a software/automation Developer
- knowledge and skills on any RDBMS, preferably on Unix /Linux platforms, e.g., Oracle, Sybase, PostgreSQL, etc. Alternatively, MSSQL Server knowledge and skills
- Experience in improving and maintaining automation, robotics, networks, and processing systems.
- Good working knowledge of packet networking. Development experience on this would be a definite plus
- Knowledge of XML/ XSL/ XSLT
- Good working knowledge on Unix / Linux platforms & MS Windows server
- Technical knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and Telecom environment//architecture would be an added advantage
- SLCM knowledge, skills and experience would be a significant advantage, especially proficiency in tools like JIRA,CVS, GIT, etc
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information