Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Ericsson has been at the forefront of communications technology for more than 140 years in the rapidly changing environment of telecommunications. We are the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks.
We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services.
If you are someone who has passion towards technology and innovation, here is an opportunity to work with us. As a RAN Engineer we are looking for future leaders with Entrepreneurial & Service mindset to influence and deliver results.
The RAN Engineer – 2nd Level Assurance is typically assigned to work with service quality assurance back office activities in an operations organization i.e. eTOM FAB.
- The primary purpose is to take full responsibility for second level preventive maintenance and system fault restoration. The position is also responsible for configuration changes within the scope of work as delegated by work area responsible. Fault remedy requiring on site presence is dispatched to the field operation organization. The position responsible will be required:
- To work within well-defined system support guidelines.
- To prioritize faults to meet SLA/WLA.
- To investigate faults/cause related to system/network problems.
- To participate in internal technical discussions in view to improve overall network performance and make recommendations wherever possible.
- To ensure correct working methodology.
- To be able to efficiently use tools all the required tools.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Telecommunications knowledge e.g. telephony switching principles, traffic concepts, telecommunication networks, signaling and product functional demands.
- General understanding of Traffic cases and Mobile Traffic cases. For complimentary products, broad knowledge of UNIX operating system is essential.
- Ability to independently perform tests in a prepared environment and as per given instructions.
- Ability to prepare implementation instructions under supervision.
- Ability to analyze and provide recommendations to Customer Service Requests and O&M queries of less complexity.
- Good understanding of data transcript.
- Working knowledge of support and supply processes.
- General Competence
- Open minded, positive with a flexible attitude and willing to work in teams of diverse professional and cultural background.
- Effective skills in oral and written communication.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Well organized, methodical and careful.
- Reliable, conscientious and patient.
- Self-motivated and works well under pressure.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to guide trainee engineers.
- Ability to work as a member of a team
Education: Graduate in Computer Science or similar
Minimum years of relevant experience: Min 5 years of relevant work experience.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.