Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson has been at the forefront of communications technology for more than 140 years in the rapidly changing environment of telecommunications. We are the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks.
We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services.
If you are someone who has passion towards technology and innovation, here is an opportunity to work with us. As a RAN Engineer 2nd LA we are looking for future leaders with Entrepreneurial & Service mindset to influence and deliver results.
The RAN Engineer – 2nd Level Assurance is typically assigned to work with service quality assurance back office activities in an operations organization i.e. eTOM FAB.
- The primary purpose is to take full responsibility for second level preventive maintenance and system fault restoration. The position is also responsible for configuration changes within the scope of work as delegated by work area responsible. Fault remedy requiring on site presence is dispatched to the field operation organization. The position responsible will be required:
- To work within well-defined system support guidelines.
- To prioritize faults to meet SLA/WLA.
- To investigate faults/cause related to system/network problems.
- To participate in internal technical discussions in view to improve overall network performance and make recommendations wherever possible.
- To ensure correct working methodology.
- To be able to efficiently use tools all the required tools.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Telecommunications knowledge e.g. telephony switching principles, traffic concepts, telecommunication networks, signaling and product functional demands.
- General understanding of Traffic cases and Mobile Traffic cases. For complimentary products, broad knowledge of UNIX operating system is essential.
- Ability to independently perform tests in a prepared environment and as per given instructions.
- Ability to prepare implementation instructions under supervision.
- Ability to analyze and provide recommendations to Customer Service Requests and O&M queries of less complexity.
- Good understanding of data transcript.
- Working knowledge of support and supply processes.
- General Competence
- Open minded, positive with a flexible attitude and willing to work in teams of diverse professional and cultural background.
- Effective skills in oral and written communication.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Well organized, methodical and careful.
- Reliable, conscientious and patient.
- Self-motivated and works well under pressure.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to guide trainee engineers.
- Ability to work as a member of a team
Education: Graduate in Computer Science or similar
Minimum years of relevant experience: Min 5 years of relevant work experience.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information