Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Senior Engineer- MPBN
Ericsson has been at the forefront of communications technology for more than 140 years in the rapidly changing environment of telecommunications. We are the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks.
We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services.
If you are someone who has passion towards technology and innovation, here is an opportunity to work with us. As a Senior Engineer, we are looking for future leaders with Entrepreneurial & Service mindset to influence and deliver results.
The primary purpose is to take full responsibility of Configuration/ Technical Discussions / Self Initiator to Mentor peers for Competence Development / Process understanding and awareness / Audits awareness and follow ups / handling emergencies activities related to MPBN Network.
- Responsible to ensure configuration/ upgrades / updates handling on various MPBN nodes.
- SDN and Python scripting knowledge.
- To participate in internal technical discussions in view to improve overall network performance and make recommendations wherever possible.
- Execute system configuration related changes as per given access rights.
- To ensure MSTOP Processes are followed in the Workplace.
- Configuration Change Planning: effectively plan to implement all Configuration activities related to routers (Cisco, Juniper, Ericsson, Huawei, Alcatel-lucent) & Extreme switches as per the network requirements.
- SDN and Python scripting knowledge.
- Integrating new node, reconfiguration of existing nodes, shifting of traffic etc.
- Upgrades & updates (router/switch/firewall)
- Defining firewall policies, opening port & configuring routing.
- Pre/Post change checks: to ensure that the configuration activity has been carried out properly without any impact on services, Pre/post activity checks and testing have to be done.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- The following work position / area/ specific functional skills are typically applicable to the Engineer-SRF functional role.
- Good Technical Knowledge of the specific MPBN nodes i.e. Router/Switch/Firewall for Mobile Communication
- Understanding of all Processes, routines activities and stakeholder management.
- Very Good configuration and troubleshooting expertise on IP Protocols (i.e. OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, BFD, VRRP) and new Technology like SDN, NFV and Python.
- Clear & detailed understanding of GSM/GPRS/WCDMA/LTE/IN Call flows
- Good exposure to Router/Switch/Firewall of MPBN nodes of Cisco / Juniper / Ericsson / Huawei / Alcatel-lucent.
- Understanding and awareness of switching.
Education: Graduate in Computer Science or similar
Minimum years of relevant experience: Min 4 years of relevant work experience.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.