Technical Support Engineer
Engineering Degree in Telecom/Computer Science/Electronics/IT or equivalent
Years of experience
Responsibilities & Tasks
• To investigate, deliver remedy & restorations and produce solutions to CSRs (Customer Service Requests) reported by customers
• To work within well-defined system support guidelines.
• To participate in software upgrades and updates
• Should be able to use support tools for ticket handling.
• To ensure customer satisfaction with the performance of installed systems by successful handling and reporting of all technical problems.
• Provide regular progress updates in the support system for each assigned support issue.
• Through contact with external customers and internal support functions gather data and information about any specific problem that has been reported
• Actively engage in communication with other engineers for the purpose of knowledge sharing etc.
• If the CSR cannot be answered/solved within the time limit, escalate the Trouble report to next level of competence units.
• Evaluation of answers and solutions received from higher competence units to verify that the answer/ solution will clear the problem reported by the customer.
• In the line of supporting our products, identify possible improvements to the products that will make them more maintainable and user friendly. Document these possible improvements in Requirement Specifications as input to the design of new generations of the products.
• Registration of new known solutions and updating of existing known solutions based on the answers / solutions developed within own Line-organization or received from elsewhere.
• Handover of problems that are deemed necessary to be continuously worked on to an individual at the next organization within the “Follow the Sun” concept.
• Maintain system configuration records for SW, Market Features and Network Configurations for assigned customer.
• Giving guidance in developing Operation & Maintenance instructions Implementation of proactive maintenance procedures.
• Work with Configuration Management to access needed information for standard and customized solutions.
• Isolate the product faults and raise the Trouble report ( TR). Evaluate the answer provided to TR and support design unit to reproduce the fault.
• Ensure the quality of Emergency corrections and Intermediate correction packages delivered to customer.
• May need to work in shifts and Emergencies Support rota.
• Initiatives will be continuously required to improve the working efficiency of the team to bring it to accepted Global practices.
• To lead and execute the implementation of new software releases.
• Writing documents for fault analysis/ RCA along with required preventive and corrective actions.
• Strong analytical skills.
• 24*7 availability as per support guidelines.
Key Technical Competence -
• Deep Knowledge of Linux ( Ubuntu/RedHat desirable) including extensive Hands on and Administration
• IP Networking knowledge (switching/routing/firewall)
• Virtualization (KVM/VMware)
• Mirantis / RedHat Openstack Knowledge
• Scripting languages (Python, Shell, Perl etc.)
• MySQL database knowledge /Administration
• Understanding of standards in cloud domain.
• Virtual Machines internetworking knowledge
• Software Defined Networking (SDN)
• Data center Management of large scale IT infrastructure
• DELL/HP server platforms knowledge
• Extreme/Pluribus/Cisco switches/routers knowledge
• OpenVirtualSwitch (OVS) knowledge
• Knowledge of storage technologies – EMC VNX, SCALEIO etc.
• Software defined Storage – Nexenta
• Dockers/containers using Linux.
Ericsson products to be supported -
• Cloud Execution Environment (CEE)
• Hyperscale Datacenter System (HDS)
• Software defined Networking (SDN)
• Cloud Container Distribution (CCD)
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Gurgaon || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 317103