We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and Emergency handling support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks in timely manner.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between competence areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area of expertise. The technical development is rapid, and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently. This Position is Located in Plano Texas
Our Exciting Opportunity:
• Is a most critical function of Service Area Support ”Emergency Recovery Center”
• Responsible for Emergency Handling Services and accountable to restore the customer system to pre-outage perfomance level in the shortest possible time
• You’ll lead Emergency Recovery team comparising of Local and Global team and ensure Emergency Support Services are delivered in an appropriate and professional manner
• You’ll get an opportunity to trigger and lead Crisis Management during massive network or country wide outages
• You get to work with a best in class Local and Global team, while interacting closely with our customers
• You can remove barriers and address complex situations with regards to technical and political challenges while driving the emergency
• You get an opportunity to show your leadership skills while driving technical and management bridge
• Participate with various levels of Regional, Global Support management in post event analysis
• Ability to solve problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Ability is to lead and manage technical team
• Ability to remain calm and focused under extremely stressful situations
• Ability to handle highly political situations
• Remains open minded when approaching problems, considering all inputs and available alternatives before making decisions
• Has a level of customer service skills necessary to handle diverse customer reactions, especially aggressive and/or disruptive
• Must be aware of and be able to convey issues of customer/market diversity to the recovery team
• Ability to guide Global Support specialists through the recovery without impeding data collection for later investigation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Telecom Network Knowledge
• Shift is weekend day Sat-Sunday-Monday 07:00-20:00
You must have:
• Background in Customer Support Services
• Hands on experiences on either of Telecom Products e.g. Packet Core, BSS, OSS, Radio, Cloud,IMS etc.
• Engineering experience or equivalent and should have broad experience in trouble shooting in a Telecom domain
• Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer science or equivelent Experience
• 2-4yrs Min years of experience
• Negotiation & argumentation skills
• Planning & organizing skills
• Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
• Presentation & communication skill
• Working with people
• Applying expertise & technology
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ServEng