We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks. The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities. As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Customer Issue handling
- Handling of proactive support
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Work with highly knowledgeable group of customers and partners. Be an escalation point for other TAC groups within the organization.
- Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
- Excellent Customer handling and communication (verbal and written) skills.
Mandatory Skills –
- Experience on CSCF, MTAS, SBG, HSS
- Exposure to Virtualization will be an added advantage
- Understanding of complete call flow in IMS-Volte Network.
- Hands on experience on GSM nodes CSCF, MTAS, SBG, HSS
- TSP and IS Platform understanding and troubleshooting
- Routing concepts (Volte Break-in Break-out)
- Wireshark Competence
- Very good concepts in SIP and Diameter signaling
- Understanding of GSM Call flows
- Knowledge on protocol level of CCS7, ISUP, SCCP, TCAP, MAP etc.
• Good Customer Relationship Management skills.
• Good leadership & communication capabilities.
•Ability to adapt to and drive change.
• Proven knowledge sharing and best practices sharing skills
• Promote and drive innovations