Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions - and our customers - are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Planning, Coordination with North American Region Clients to solve issues in Mobile Positioning system. MPS comes in play mainly when an emergency call (E911) is made from a mobile telephone where reliability and accuracy are key factors.
- Drive technical discussions with R&D on various issues and negotiates the change requests needed in design for software fault.
- Drive CSR Review meetings and technical discussions on various cases with customers.
- Ensures the effective and reliable delivery of the solution though CSR tool within the pre decided time frame to the customer.
- Creating shell scripts to perform various operation tasks.
- Troubleshooting live issues in production systems and put maximum effort in minimizing the traffic impacting situations.
- Involving in System study and Project planning. Involves in handovers from project team after higher version upgrades of product.
- Give trainings to team on regular basis to build competence.
- Installation, Operation and Trouble-shooting of Emergency and Correction packages for MPS and IOT.
- Handling Emergencies on various nodes like GMPC, SMPC, PLRF and SUPL.
- Education: B.E/B.Tech
- Min years of experience: 8-12 year
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Presentation & communication skill
- Working with people
- Applying expertise & technology
SUSE Linux, Redhat Linux
Postgres, Timesten, Redis
Vmware vSphere 6.5
Secure CRT, Wireshark, WinSCP
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || ServEng
Req ID: 315582