Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions - and our customers - are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
ICT Engineer: Noida
Ericsson has been at the forefront of communications technology for more than 140 years in the rapidly changing environment of telecommunications. We are the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks.
We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services.
If you are someone who has passion towards technology and innovation, here is an opportunity to work with us. As an ICT Engineer we are looking for future leaders with Entrepreneurial & Service mindset to influence and deliver results.
We are now looking for an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Engineer. You will plan and operate the software and hardware solutions for the internal Ericsson users. As an ICT Engineer, you will ensure a stable environment and optimize the solutions/services to the agreed service levels in a cost efficient and timely manner.
Additional services required by the customer are handled on a case by case basis.
Role Description – Senior Directories Ops Engineer
A Senior Directories Developer is an experienced and knowledgeable server, database and directory administrator which has worked in many different constellations previously, and has an interest in working in a more dynamic setting.
The role would typically include the following responsibilities:
- Act as a team coordinator and help organize and structure the overall work allocation within the team.
- Able to perform the tasks of a development cycle lead, and utilize agile delivery methodologies to organize and deliver on feature requests.
- Interact with Ericsson’s architects to analyze and design integrations between directories and Ericsson’s IT services and various systems/applications.
- Take responsibility for competence sharing within the team for continuous competence development.
- Perform technical qualifications of new requests in collaboration with Ericsson’s architects and service managers.
- Perform analysis and assessments of current and requested features.
- Collaborate with Ericsson’s architects and service managers around directory service design and feature implementation.
- Act as a custodian for features and enhancements to ensure that the whole team is educated on all features, as well as being able to communicate and educate consumers of directory services.
- Take responsibility for the overall quality of the total delivery of the team, and takes a leading role in testing and validating changes and features.
- Can act as a change coordinator if the need arises.
- Competence Profile
IAM DevOps members are expected to be comfortable working cross-discipline and take on various tasks as needed within the larger IAM DevOps team.
Core attributes are:
- Able and willing to work in an agile and constantly shifting environment
- Can work autonomously, shouldering responsibility for tasks in an end-to-end fashion.
- Is constantly striving to develop his / her skillset to be able to work on tasks across the whole team, as needs dictate
- Cooperative and communicative, and comfortable working in an international setting.
- Contributes freely to the common knowledge base and takes a personal interest in furthering the capabilities of the IT systems and services he or she is involved with.
- Previous Experience
A Senior Identity Management Developer is expected to have at least 5 years professional experience in the IAM field, preferably in the identity management area.
The following minimum level of experience is expected:
- 2-3 years: (Windows) server operations engineer
- 1-2 yrs: Active Directory administration / implementation
- 1-2 yrs: Directory (LDAP) administration / implementation
The following optional experience is meriting, but not required:
- 1-2 years: development
- 1-2 years: database administration
- General Competence
The expected base competence profile should closely match the following:
- Agile delivery methodologies (Lean, SCRUM etc.)
- Technology architecture (e.g. Application & Client/server architecture)
- Networking / Network security (Protocols, Infrastructure, Firewalls etc.)
- Integration technologies (SOAP, Web Services, JCA, EAI etc.)
- Advanced Competence – Identity Management
Here follows a list of specialist competencies expected:
- SME (L3):
- Windows server administration
- Microsoft Active Directory Administration
- Directory administration (LDAP)
It is expected that the candidate has a proven track record and experience in relevant products and/or technologies and preferably certifications to further exemplify competence in the area.
1). Hands on experience on Microsoft Azure (IaaS).
2). Microsoft Azure Resource Manager (ARM) - ARM & ASM, Templates, Resource Groups, Resource Providers, Access Control, Resource Locks, Template Security, Activity Logs, Microsoft Azure Storage, Storage Replication, Storage Security.
3). Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines - Virtual Machines Sizes, Virtual Machines Availability, Virtual Machines Disks, Virtual Machines Image Mobility, Virtual Machines Agent and Extensions, Virtual Machines. Scale Sets, Virtual Machine Accelerated Networking, Azure Event Grid, Azure Advisor, Microsoft Azure Networking , Azure Virtual Networks, Azure Connectivity, Azure Networking Services.
Microsoft Azure Identity - Azure AD and Hybrid Identity, Hybrid Authentication, Hybrid sync engine, AAD B2B, AAD B2C, MyApps Portal, AAD Application Proxy, Microsoft Azure Identity, Azure AD Security, Role Based Access Control , Multi Factor Authentication, Conditional Access.
4). Password-less scenarios - Identity Protection, Azure AD Identity protection (detecting potential vulnerabilities and use automated responses).
5). Privileged Identity Management - Privileged roles to manage Azure resources as well as administrative roles in Azure AD and how to use “just in time” access.
6). Azure Log Analytics.
7). Azure Threat Protection.
1). Hyper-V Converged solution running on VMWare Platform.
The following certifications are expected:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Optional Competence
In addition, It is also a merit should the candidate have any of the following additional competencies:
- MS SQL Databases
- IT Security
- CISSP certification
- CCNA/P security certification
Education: Graduate in Computer Science or similar
Minimum years of relevant experience: Min 5 years of relevant work experience.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.