Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity
Ericsson has been at the forefront of communications technology for more than 140 years in the rapidly changing environment of telecommunications. We are the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks.
We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services.
If you are someone who has passion towards technology and innovation, here is an opportunity to work with us. As an Engineer-IN Charging we are looking for future leaders with Entrepreneurial & Service mindset to influence and deliver results.
The Engineer – 2nd Level Assurance is typically assigned to work with service quality assurance back office activities in an operations organization i.e. eTOM FAB.
- Software upgradation (ICP, EP and PCP releases) on both Redhat Linux and Solaris based ERICSSON IN Nodes (SDP, CCN, OCC and AIR) in Bharti Airtel Project
- Linux System Administration (Managing and working on rpm, yum, LVM, disk management using fdisk utility, selinux, cron jobs etc.)
- User and Group Management using chmod, chown, ACL, Sticky bit and chattr
- Working on DNS, FTP, DHCP, APACHE and SAMBA servers
- Firewall management using iptables and Firewalld command line tools
- Monitoring both incoming and outgoing network connections; viewing routing tables and interface statistics using netstat command line tool
- Responsible for Operation and Maintenance of all Ericsson IN Nodes for the AIRTEL India project.
- DB (TimesTen) Alignment on SDP (Service Data Point) IN nodes
- CIP (Charging Interrogation Protocol) link creation based on Service Key, SDPID mapping and Realm routing and deletion between SDP and CCN, OCC IN nodes
- DCIP link creation/deletion and addition of static routes for sigtran IPs between two different SDPs of a circle
- SDP integration at AIR (Account Information Refill) end
- RAR (Re-Authorization Request) configuration at SDP over Gx and Gy interfaces for CCN (Charging Control Node) IN nodes
- Gx and Gy link creation between GGSN and CCN IN nodes
- IP whitelisting at AIR end
- AF prefix addition and deletion in AIR IN nodes.
- Sigtran (CIP-SS7) Link creation between CCN and SDP IN nodes
- NgCRS(Charging Data Reporting System) configuration changes at ECMS (Ericsson Customer Management System) end.
- Traffic Migration from one EMM (Ericsson Multi Mediation) to another in a circle
- Voucher Server integration with ECMS for voucher lookup
- Load Balancing for a number series from source SDP to destination SDP
- BCL (Blade Cluster) / MSS addition in CCN
- AT (Acceptance Test) on Ericsson IN Nodes
- Preventive Maintenance, working on Trouble Tickets and handling Customer issues in Airtel IN Back Office Department of Ericsson.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Candidate should have Linux knowledge.
- Preferably he/she should be RHCSA certified.
- Candidate must have Ericsson Charging system experience of 3-4 years.
- Ready to join Ericsson ASAP (NP should be 1 month).
- Should have basic knowledge of Cloud systems.
- Should have basic knowledge of Python scripting.
Education: Graduate in Computer Science or similar
Minimum years of relevant experience: Min 2 years of relevant work experience.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information