We are now looking for a Packet core Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
You will typically interact with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
You will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software, and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Customer Issue handling
- Handling of dedicated support
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Remote Service Gateway (RSG) mentoring
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Domain experience: (Packet core)
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Presentation & communication skill
- Working with people
- Excellent IP background
- Very good knowledge of Ericsson PCN nodes, SGSN, GGS, EPC, vEPC
- Good knowledge of Ericsson MPBN (mainly Juniper)
- Good knowledge of SAPC
- Good Knowledge of IMS
- Good Knowledge of RSG and CAS
- Familiar with the Cloud Systems
- Good knowledge of AAA servers
- Good knowledge of iDNS and eDNS
- Very good knowledge of Linux
- What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
- For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
- For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Lebanon (LB) || || Beirut || Consulting&SysInt; IT
Req ID: 314362