Date: Dec 17, 2019
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson
equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals. We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
This position is ideal for candidate who is passionate in transforming a major Telecom company from legacy IT to a DevOps culture? Qualified candidate shall have 2+ years of actual implementation experience in developing automated CI/CD pipelines, or equivalent experiences.
Ericsson is looking to hire a DevOps minded Developer with demonstrated hands on development experience in implementing and onboarding teams to a DevOps pipeline. DevOps engineers shall support DevOps architect in automating the solution delivery and assist in aligning the automation with the delivery processes and solution design to achieve the optimal outcome focusing on time, cost, and quality. Typical activities including installation, integration, and configuration of the tools along with developing reusable code, frameworks, unit and system verification tests, solution integration and lifecycle management artifacts.
A DevOps engineer shall possess ability in coding, scripting, integration, verification and O&M operations around the entire lifecycle of a solution delivery. Development shall be conducted in Agile environment where senior DevOps engineer shall act as Agile or DevOps coach to lead the e2e development cycle. DevOps Engineers should strive to develop adjacent skills and drive a continuous learning culture by sharing and promoting new ideas, approaches, and patterns across the delivery teams. They should seek opportunities to teach others how to use the tools and promote a culture of automation.
- Experience with Source Control Management Systems: e.g. GitLab (Preferred), Git
- Experience in Build Automation: e.g. Maven, Gradle, Ant
- Experience in Configuration Management: e.g. Ansible, Rundeck, Puppet/Chef
- Experience in CI/CD Pipeline Development: e.g. GitLab, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Experience with artifact repository and static code analysis: Artifactory, SonarQube
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Must be very comfortable using a command line interface
- CentOS / RHEL 7, Ubuntu
- Experience in Containers and Container management: e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Experience with programming languages: e.g. Java, Java Script, JSON, YAML, XML/XSLT, Python
- Experience with Scrum, Agile and DevOps environment
- Experience implementing a DevOps pipeline and helping drive adoption
- Effective Communication
- Must be comfortable presenting the Global DevOps technical strategy to internal executive management as well as external customer leadership
- Must be willing and ready to share and teach project resources in multiple areas of the software development lifecycle
- Recent 2-4 years of DevOps Development experience integrating development tooling along with 3rd parties to automate the software delivery processes BS or MS degree in Computer Science or similar.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || || JP-37-YO Yokohama || ServEng
Req ID: 314303