Ericsson Finland employs close to 800 professionals, the majority of whom work in Kirkkonummi, 25 minutes away from the Helsinki city center. Our teams are very international with colleagues of over 40 different nationalities. Together with the Finnish network operators and 100 years of Finnish market experience, we are serving the data hungry nation with mobile technology enabling the benefits of digitalization across the sparsely populated country. Besides that, we focus on research and development especially in the areas of network security, IoT, cloud and 5G setting Ericsson amongst the 10 largest product developers in Finland.
Your Role in Ericsson:
Ericsson IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is a core network solution that delivers rich real-time communication services for both consumer and business users over any access network and for any device types, including smartphones, tablets, wearables, laptops and fixed phones. Examples of communication services are HD voice (VoLTE), Wi-Fi calling, enriched messaging, enriched calling with pre-call info, video calling, HD video conferencing and web communication. Virtualized Network Function (VNF) based IMS networks are deployed globally. Our team in Finland is part of IMS development organization working with these VNFs as well as cloudification of the VNFs.
We're now looking for enthusiastic software developers who have fresh ideas and strong skills from high-end technology areas, such as cloud computing, real-time, large-scale distributed systems, networking and data storage, security, machine learning and data stream processing. With your technical expertise you will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions that power future networks. You’re confident about your technical skills and you are ready to tackle challenges working together with your agile team on virtualized network functions and cloud technologies.
- MSc/BSc degree in Computer Science, Communication engineering, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least 4 years of general software programming experience in C, C++, Java or Python
- You have a good touch with one or more of the following: Cloud computing platforms, Linux Containers, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of IP and network programming
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Comfortable with modern software development tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins etc
- Knowledge and interest on test automation and scripting
Seen as advantage:
- Large systems software design and development experience
- Cloud application programming
- VNF development experience
- Experience with open source projects
- Experience with cloud and application platforms, AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure
- Experience on Big data and analytics
- Experience with Software Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization, OpenFlow
What we offer you:
- Possibility to build your career; learn and develop in a truly international company with colleagues from 40 different countries in our Jorvas office only
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym and tennis & football field just to mention a few
- Learn more about working at Ericsson Finland:
Apply now or latest by 27th of January!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || ProdMgt
Job details: Developer