We are developing the core network for next generation mobile networks. We are looking for a Senior Developer to contribute to our 5G development team.
Your role will include all software development activities such as: requirement analysis, impact in software architecture, software development, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, Product Lifecycle Management support and product documentation.
Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
We are looking for highly motivated senior/experienced professionals, passionate about SW aiming for an international and enriching working environment. Within R&D we work with cutting edge technologies that we renew on the go as we embrace new systems and tech.
You will work with technologies such as containers, cloud, multi-clustered systems, microservices, continuous integration and continuous delivery, digitalization of activities,... among others. You will be part of a self-organized team including top professionals to learn from
What you will do:
You will work at Madrid R&D site to develop 5G mobile system core products. You will become an R&D engineer as part of the R&D Ericsson global development community.
- Senior software developer with deep/strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in Cloud native software stacks and execution environments (Kubernetes, Dockers); proficient in programming of open-platform, real-time and high-availability system, as well as scripting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telco, Computer Science, or close.
- Linux fan: do you use Linux over Windows? This is your place.
- Being already senior in software development for open-platform, real-time and high-available systems.
- Valuable: contributing to open source projects: Linux, Kernel, Cloud Native Foundation, distributed systems development.
- Willing to share knowledge and learn (curious!!)
- Good communication skills and open personality
- Fluent in English
Experience with programming languages in real projects. C++ is a must for this position. Golang is a plus, as well as scripting languages (Python).
Professional software development practices including code reviews, unit testing and regression testing.
Design and implementation of microservices, container-based and cloud-native application development. High availability concepts/ techniques (replication, leadership election, active/standby).
TCP/IP Networking and evolution transport protocols, data networks and IP-based applications (HTTP/2, HTTPS, ..).
Capacity to investigate and debug complex issues. Including performance tuning experience, troubleshooting, core dump analysis, …
Knowledge in operating system architectures and capacity to model scalable designs and solutions
Knowledge in Mobile network architecture 4G/5G. Interfaces, protocols, functions.
Knowledge in real time data analytics algorithms.
- Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling
- Develop and test high quality products
- Perform trouble shooting and customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || || Madrid || ServEng
Req ID: 313869