Our Exciting Opportunity
The Adapter Integration is responsible for the solution models, adapters and platform features needed to rapidly meet customer deployments.
As a member of the Adapter Integration Team, the Software Developer is responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant software applications. In this role, you will be directly involved in helping to design the model, multi-vendor near real time integration, and implement standardized deployment ready reference integrations. You will help also design and implement the core product features and tooling necessary to fulfill the mandate.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop application components, tools, and core software components
- Analyze technology domains to determine the best integration strategy across analytics, topology and events to scope a particular domain solution; e.g. scoping and strategy for a Netconf-Yang MPLS service model.
- Deliver commercial grade high scale near real time solution adapters & models for a given solution.
- Analyze & validate solutions performance and scalability for delivery and in collaboration with systems engineering application validation
- Participate in the entire software development cycle by analyzing, specifying requirements, designing, and developing new tools, product features or platform core features.
- Design solutions to complex problem with an emphasis on efficiency, quality, and simplicity. Consistently deliver fast and quality software in an agile fashion
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with architecture
- Constantly research and innovate in bringing the new tools, technologies, solutions, ideas and frameworks to the forefront.
- Drive strategy in evolving existing data model to meet demands of new application domains
- Partner with other members of the team on a daily basis resolving technical issues and hurdles, and implementing features
To be successful in this role you will need:
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field. Master’s degree is preferred
- Strong software development skills with 5+ years of related development experience
- Understanding of UML and model driven design in general. Knowledge of NFV/SDN or ONF models is an asset.
- Detailed knowledge in one or more of the following areas: distributed back end systems, big data, cloud native systems, software design & implementation
- Objected oriented, functional, or concurrency-oriented programming experience
- Ability to understand and propose potential solutions to new and complex problems
- Ability to analyze and document business requirements and corresponding technical solution
- Ability to design and implement complex software requirements specifications
- Experience working with remote teams and providing technical/architectural guidance to distributed team(s)
- Knowledge in one or more of networking technology such as carrier ethernet, IP/MPLS, SDN, Cloud Native Systems, or Network Function Virtualization
- Experienced in system scalability, large scale systems, and distributed computing and visualization
- Proven ability to analyze and document business requirements and corresponding technical solution
The following would be a plus:
- Ability to leverage VMW product suite
- Understanding of multiple hypervisor technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, OpenStack)
- Experience with Docker in a production deployment
- Experience with Apache Spark, Solr, Cassandra
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 311864