Research Leader for Artificial Intelligence Research Team, Bangalore
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. We are a truly global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment.
Ericsson Research (ER), is the central research organization within the Ericsson group. We are 700+ researchers in eight countries with the central site in Kista, Stockholm. Our mission is to provide Ericsson with system concepts, technology, and methodology, to secure long-term competitive product positioning. World-class innovation is achieved through cooperation within Ericsson as well as with partners, customers, universities, and research institutes. For more information, see https://www.ericsson.com/en/future-technologies
We are currently looking for a Research Leader for the Artificial Intelligence research team in Bangalore in the Research Area Artificial Intelligence (RA-AI). The position will report to the Head of RA AI Machine Reasoning and will be a member of the RA-AI Extended Leadership team. The team is involved in leading research in state-of-the-art Machine Reasoning and related Cognitive AI technologies with applications to 5G+ and IoT use cases. In particular, the team’s focus includes research in Knowledge Representation, AI planning and scheduling, multi-agent systems, semantic technologies, formal specification and verification, multi-objective optimization, deep learning, NLP and reinforcement learning. We leverage our research in these technologies to create innovative technology differentiators in complex 5G/IoT systems, in close collaboration with Ericsson Business Areas, as well as industrial/academic partners. The team comprises of highly qualified and motivated full-time researchers, interns, MS/PhD students located in Bangalore. We work in global research projects together with fellow researchers in Sweden, Hungary, Brazil and USA.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership ensuring the group’s strategic direction and contribution in the relevant technology areas
- Personnel responsibility for a team of researchers, which includes goal setting, performance management, project follow-up, resource planning, and competence development, recruitments, collaborations and coaching.
- Work in the Research Area Extended Leadership Team, participating in strategic discussions for leading the Research Area and taking on Leadership assignments.
- Interact with key internal stakeholders in business areas, market areas and internal operations to ensure Ericsson’s technology leadership and business relevance of research activities
- Establish, drive and maintain collaborations with universities, research institutes, and other external/industry partners to create long term value for Ericsson
- Be a role model for the team representing the Ericsson values
- PhD (preferred) or M’Tech in computer science from a reputed university
- Experience leading industrial research teams
- Strong technical and business understanding of emerging AI technology areas
- Demonstrated ability to extract insights relevant to the research focus from the business needs of the company and convert them into concrete and relevant research activities
- Experience working with faculty at top universities and publicly funded research and innovation projects with an established personal network in academia
- Communicating Ericsson thought leadership both internally and externally
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Curiosity and interest in global technical and business trends