Functional Area: DGS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: up to 10%
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for a Infrastructure Build and Test Manager, to lead assigned customer projects securing that project goals are met, customer’s expectations are fulfilled and that the customer relation is handled in the best possible way within the scope of the contract.
You will have natural leadership skills and demonstrated experience in successfully delivering large testing and build programs. You will also have a passion for innovation and the ability to thrive in a collaborative culture.
- You will establish the project plan baseline: define project scope, secure the necessary resources and plans and monitor all activities
- Drive project execution: track project activities, monitor and handle changes, conflicts and critical issues
- Handle customer and partner engagement: manage customer relationship building confidence and trust, ensure project progress arranging meetings and customer events
- Handle project finance: ensure financial system monitoring
- Develop the business: participate to contract preparation and to pre-sales meeting
- Develop the CPM discipline: simplify processes, methods and tools with creative ideas
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering/ICT or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in Build/Infra and Test domain
- Solid experience in automation, acceptance, integration and containers deployment.
- Demonstrated experience in an AGILE environment/team using methodologies such as SCRUM and exposure to supporting tools.
- Solid communication skills to liaise with a variety of internal & external stakeholders including Test and Build Teams and Head of Service delivery
- Solid understanding of the web: protocols, web architectures, infrastructure, load balancing and high availability and designing for horizontal scale
- Strong Linux experience with hands-on experience on technologies
- PMI certifications - The CPM is expected to be certified on the job stage that she/he holds
- Project sales process
- Contract management
- 3rd pp suppliers management experience
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.