This vacancy is for a Post Production Media Operator/Edit Assistant based at Channel 4’s headquarters in Victoria. The Production Centre provides Post Production facilities for Channel 4’s internal departments and the successful candidate will be from a post-production background, bringing with them knowledge of post-production procedures and experience of programme delivery for transmission.
The role is suitable for someone with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in broadcast or working in post-production and must have Avid editing experience.
Being part of a multi-skilled team working in our busy Digital Media area, this role demands someone who is naturally organised with excellent communication skills who can juggle multiple requests.
- To carry out routine operations such as conforms, file exports, Video AAFs, EDLs, digicuts and digitising into Avid Media Composer and managing media within an Avid Interplay environment.
- QC experience.
- To carry out simple editing tasks.
- To do all manner of file transfers using various encoding software and hardware within the Digital Media area to uploads a variety of video and audio files.
- Knowledge of current camera formats and the ability to deal with various codec’s, handling 4k media, DCP, DPP files
- Understand how to prepare edit suites, kit and media for the Editors and be proficient at managing media storage, ingesting and transferring media.
- To carry out tasks using HDCam SR and Digibeta decks.
- To communicate and react efficiently and effectively to urgent bookings as and when requested by the Bookings team.
- To manage movement of files and tapes including all paperwork associated with media as required
- To work as part of a team and maintain good working relationships and service levels with C4 clients.
- Solid working knowledge of Avid, Interplay and Adobe Media Encoder.
- Experience of working in a busy post production Digital Media environment.
- Good general IT and problem solving skills
- File export and encoding
- Willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Good client handling skills and experience working with a variety of clients
- Experience& familiarity with Avid edit products and storage
- Knowledge of post-production workflows
- Knowledge of a broadcast environment
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
Experience & Knowledge (ideally):
- Knowledge of Pro Tools, Smoke Assist, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Scheduling software
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || ServEng
Req ID: 311043