Software Systems & Technology Analyst (R&D) Developer
We, in Ericsson, have been finding ways to communicate for over a century. We are committed to enabling new means of communication through our innovation and creativity. We are passionate about our responsibility to innovate not just for gain but Technology for Good; from mobile communications to education for all.
The software we build in Product Development Unit Network Management makes it possible for billions of people to communicate with each other, surf the web, engage with social media on their smart devices every day. Exciting opportunities exist for Systems & Technology Analysts within our R&D department to shape the future of the evolving Networked Society. If you join us you will get to work with and learn about the latest new technologies from 5G and OpenStack cloud to machine learning and A.I.
Do you enjoy establishing requirements & specifying high level system architecture and solutions to drive product implementation? Then Ericsson Athlone is the place for you. You will deliver technical solutions with Product Owners and collaborate with our Customers to capture their needs.
Do you demonstrate some of the following skills:
• A capability to perform best in a team-setting – working in a multi-cultural & international environment brings the best out in you
• A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in software/electronic engineering or related science and technology discipline
• 5+ years relevant Software Development experience
• An ability to drive technical discussions, analyse & explain technical requirements and problems, and steer new product development.
• Proficiency in one or more languages; including Java & C++ , experience in UML is an advantage
• Familiarity with Network Management, Radio & Transport technologies and Mobile Core Networks
• Experience in automation of system workflows, machine learning and data analytics
• Knowledge of combining open-source and commercial technologies to build services/products that will have an impact on the business
• Experience in developing cloud based applications which can be deployed on cloud technologies (e.g. OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure) & container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
• Understanding of Cloud & IP Networks in terms of NFV & SDN.
• Experience with data storage solutions (e.g. Elasticsearch, NEO4J, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with fault tolerant message queuing/brokering systems (e.g. Kafka, SQS, Kinesis, Apache)
• Experience bodies like ETSI IETF and 3GPP , or Linux foundation projects ONOS or ONAP also an advantage
• Radio Optimisation field experience which may include SON experience
If you are a technology professional or have deep functional experience in telecoms domain, click the “apply now” button to join our talented #TeamEricsson today.
What do we offer:
• Get involved on projects which will impact the lives of billions (40% of the worlds traffic goes through Ericsson networks).
• Expand your horizons in a rich multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world.
• A healthy work-life balance (a Sports and Social club, flexible hours, Maternity/Paternity and Parental leave).
• Pension Scheme, Health Insurance, company Doctor, Life Cover and Sick Pay/Income Continuance Plan.
• Tax Saver Commuter/Bike To Work Scheme and secure bike lock-ups and showers onsite.
• Clearly defined career paths, enhanced with both inhouse training and financial support for external study though our educational assistance scheme
• 27 days Annual Leave
• Laptop and mobile phone
You can also learn more about why our Software Campus in Athlone in a great place to be here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqCrI2-K_0&fbclid=IwAR3K2KAxn-2e6S4tDmpvmylryhSI0wjMPhegVbvaW0AIRLhPDwvsDrk86aE
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.