Do you have a sincere interest in the big data and data engineering domain?
We believe that the availability of data and data analysis will make a huge difference for Ericsson's future and our vision is to take the connected world further using data and machine intelligence.
Our Analytics team is now looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You will architect, build, and optimize analytics platform and pipelines to harness our data, derive actionable insights to help guide the business with data. We are looking for candidates who will be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing the data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Come and join us in engineering our big data solution!
The organization you will become part of:
Here at DSI Analytics, in an integral part of Networks R&D, we collect, ingest, and archive vast amounts of data from Ericsson's labs and customers all over the world.
Our mission is to provide data and insights to the whole company to drive quality in our releases, provide our market units with intelligence for up-sell opportunities, and to optimize customer’s networks to deliver the best performance.
The challenges are numerous. Our Team makes sure that high-quality data is readily available for our users. Based on collected data, we deliver quick and precise insights to FOA (First Office Application) and CD (Continuous Deployment) projects. Our goal is to ensure that the data is protected for integrity and authority. We must secure a delightful and reliable user experience.
What you will do within the organization:
We are looking for experienced Data Engineers who are interested in systemizing and developing solutions around state-of-the-art open-source and commercial big data components.
You will be working closely with operations personnel as well as fellow Data Engineers, Analysts, and Data Scientists using data engineering, statistics and machine intelligence to deliver insights to our users.
You will deploy the software on our Server Clusters in Ericsson's Global ICT Centers in Rosersberg and Linköping, using bare-metal machines, virtual machines as well as container environments.
You will be working with data quality and security, cloud execution and containerization, container orchestration in big data environments, Java-based microservices, and high capacity data streaming using message bus technologies and stream processing.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Contribute to strategic technical leadership
• Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling
• Develop and test high-quality services
• Perform troubleshooting, support, and operation
• Drive continuous improvements of services and processes
• Further develop competence in the big data domain
• Share and spread knowledge with colleagues
• A successful candidate is self-motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand our knowledge
• Very good communicational skills
• Team player who positively contributes to our team spirit
• Fluent in English, oral and written
• Experience from working in all phases of DevOps feature development, from gathering requirements, through systemization, development, quality assurance, release & delivery, and operations & maintenance
• Experience from message bus technologies using e.g. Apache Kafka
• Experience from large-scale distributed data processing using e.g. Apache Spark
• Experience from Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience in Java, R, Scala or Python programming and willingness to learn new technologies is necessary
• DevOps, Lean & Agile Knowledge and Skills
• Experience working with Hadoop/Datastream
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the Senior Recruiter, Valentyna Ivanova - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 310062