At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
Our Exciting Opportunity!
The IP Operating System (IPOS) is today used in Ericsson’s Router 6000 portfolio. Going forward these IP blocks are also candidates to build up the next generation cloud-based routing platform.
We are now looking for a Developer for IPOS Routing software development. The right candidate will be working with highly proficient engineering team and responsible for engineering work. The position is based in the Ericsson engineering development Centre in India at Bangalore. The center has over 400 head count.
As a technical engineer in an individual capacity role, you will be responsible in owning and contributing to the design, development and maintenance of one or two routing protocol modules relating to unicast, multicast and MPLS related protocol. Examples of such protocols are OSPF, BGP, LDP, RSVP, PIM, IS-IS etc. on a family of access and edge router products.
- Opportunity to debug, design and develop on highly availability system architectures and design for industry leading highly scalable products in Routing /MPLS space.
- Chance to work on carrier-class deployed technology.
- Opportunity to play an individual contributor role growing to a lead engineer role.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Experienced level C coding and debugging experience. Should possess hands-on experience in design and implementation of one or more routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, RIP, IS-IS, IGMP, LDP, RSVP etc. on a carrier class router platform.
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with related RFC’s and have a good understanding of the work going on within the industry standards body.
- Candidate should have ability to work independently with other multi-functional teams including SQA.
- Strong OS concepts and exposure to multi-threaded application development a must. Knowledge of overall router design and software architecture desirable.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) a must. Must possess the willingness to produce high quality of code.
- B.Tech Degree in CS/EE or related studies.
- 2-3 Years of relevant experience in routing protocols
What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, outstanding career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply?
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important, and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 309504