Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how does it support you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity. Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson :
We are looking for an Infrastructure Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions our customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
IT Engineering is part of our global Service Delivery Application and Platforms Organization within Business Unit Managed Services.
The scope of IT Engineering encompasses the design, development, deployment, LCM and L3 Support of our common IT production and Lab environments hosting our business applications and platforms.
You will also:
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; drive end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solution
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
- At least 3 years of experience in designing complex IT environments including network, server and storage area
- Knowledge and experience with VMware vSphere systems (5.x/6.x)
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience with Citrix products: XenApp
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Server platforms (2008/2012/2016) and/or Linux systems (RedHat 6.x, 7.x)
- Knowledge of load balancing technology (Citrix NetScaler / F5)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience of working in global multicultural environment
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge and experience with Symantec
- Knowledge and experience with Infoblox
- Software Defined Data Center concept including SDN, in particular, VMware NSX technology
- Backup systems, e.g. SMVI, OSSV, Veeam
- Automation tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Artifactory, PowerShell / CLI)
- Database management (Oracle, MS SQL, MariaDB)
Personal Skills - you are/you have:
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills;
- Focused on continuous improvement and increase effectiveness;
- Able to communicate technical information clearly and articulately to different stakeholders and to different customers;
- Able to perform effective planning, adapt to a rapidly changing environment and manage multiple task assignments;
- Good presentation techniques, capable to structure and present an argument so that the desired result is attained;
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
- Contract type: full time
- 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
- Medical & life insurance;
- Career plan mentoring;
- Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
- WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
- Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
- Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
- Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile enabled);
- In case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
- Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
- & more other benefits that we are looking forward to present them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.