In Ericsson we have been finding ways to communicate for over a century. We are committed to enabling new means of communication through our innovation and creativity. We are passionate about our responsibility to innovate not just for gain but Technology for Good; from mobile communications to education for all.
The applications we build in our software campus in Athlone make it possible for billions of people to communicate with each other, surf the web and engage with social media on their smart devices every day. Ensuring that everyone has the best possible experience is important to us and we, #TeamEricsson, take that seriously. We develop software that manages mobile networks all over the world. We care about software quality, because the world is always on. We thrive on finding the most effective solutions to the opportunities that an always on world demands.
Do you enjoy finding innovative solutions in software? Then Ericsson Athlone is the place for you. You will develop solutions, applying the most exciting technologies available today. From 5G mobile networks and cloud computing to artificial intelligence and machine learning; you will be a valued member of #TeamEricsson working together to bring out the best in you and your team.
With over 50 nationalities on campus, diversity is our strength. Your role will involve working in a team of DevOps Engineers.
In our DevOps team you will help build pipelines and manage the infrastructure that enables our development teams deliver highly scalable & available 5G network management applications deployed on cloud environments.
- Be involved in development of a CI/CD Build System for efficient release from developer to customer site.
- Be responsible for Pipeline design, specification, implementation and testing
- Design and integrate infrastructure from open source components
- Work proactively on the CI Team Backlog and suggest improvement areas
- Offer governance and advise to development teams in their use of the CI machinery
- Translate customer needs into detailed technical solutions
- Develop in-house automation to achieve cost savings and improve productivity
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair bugs within production code
- Contribute to project plan and participate in all project phases
- Continuously improve, adjust and optimize our solutions and processes
- Interface and work well with other engineering teams as part of day to day activities
- Trial and evaluate new platforms, languages, frameworks and tools for CI/CD flow
- Work on containerized solutions with Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Support and develop Openstack test environment
What do we offer:
- Involvement in projects which will impact the lives of billions (40% of the worlds traffic goes through Ericsson networks).
- Expand your horizons in a rich multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world.
- A healthy work-life balance (a Sports and Social club, flexible hours, Maternity/Paternity and Parental leave).
- Pension Scheme, Health Insurance, company Doctor, Life Cover and Sick Pay/Income Continuance Plan.
- Tax Saver Commuter/Bike To Work Scheme and secure bike lock-ups and showers onsite.
- Clearly defined career paths, enhanced with both inhouse training and financial support for external study though our educational assistance scheme
- 27 days Annual Leave
- Laptop and mobile phone
You should have
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in software/electronic engineering or related science and technology discipline
- A keen interest in DevOps and CI/CD Pipelines
- Proficiency in one or more of Ansible, Python, Groovy
- Knowledge in a number of the following: Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Gerrit, Maven, Puppet, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Gitlab
- An ability to drive technical discussions, investigate & explain technical requirements and problems, and steer new product development.
- A capability to perform best in a team-setting – working in a multi-cultural & international environment brings the best out in you
- This is an entry-level role. Experience DevOps/Software Engineering is an advantage, but not required.
- Experience in CI/CD Pipeline design, specification, implementation and testing
- The ability to evaluate new platforms, languages, frameworks and tools for CI/CD flow
- Familiarity with automation of system workflows, machine learning and data analytics
- Knowledge of Java/JEE based product development
- Knowledge of combining open-source and commercial technologies to build services/products that will have an impact on the business
- Experience of working in an Openstack environment
- Familiarity with Telecoms and Network Management Domains
See what life here is like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqCrI2-K_0&fbclid=IwAR3K2KAxn-2e6S4tDmpvmylryhSI0wjMPhegVbvaW0AIRLhPDwvsDrk86aE
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Athlone || R&D