Ericsson Network Design & Optimization
Ericsson Network Design & Optimization (NDO) is developing and delivering design and optimization services to our customers (typically mobile network operators) in Japan.
Network Performance improvements, technology consulting and other innovative solutions based on analytics together with RAN functionality introduction are typically in the scope
We conduct the design and optimization by developing and using cutting edge AI/Machine Learning technology, helping our customers automating the optimization of their networks.
NDO Japan is also responsible for supporting network sales through technical consultation, anchored in deep network performance and product insight gained from advanced network analysis.
NDO Japan is aiming to be self-sustained in the sense that technical (pre-) sales support is integrated in the service delivery team working in close cooperation with relevant customer accounts.
As Head of Optimize (NDO) Japan you will be responsible for leading the team by developing strategy for long- and short-term business growth, drive team performance, drive presales engagements, team motivation, ensuring successful implementation of the projects and drive innovation.
To be successful in this leading-edge market it is required not only to follow and if applicable utilizing the latest global NDO trends, but also developing specific cutting-edge methodology tailored for the specific needs of our customers in Japan.
Due to the often product centric nature of our technology consulting business, a thorough understanding of how our products perform in the networks as well as in network performance will be important to manage the role.
You are equally comfortable in front of customer stakeholders (including C-suit) and internal stakeholders. Your technical expertise complements your customer facing skills, allowing you to drive both new business and problem resolution. You help to translate and bridge technical concepts between customers and internal stakeholders into tangible plans and outcomes.
Your technical depth allows you to work either alongside the team or coaching the team as the situation requires.
Key job responsibilities
- Stay well abreast with customer latest strategy & challenges
- Define and Execute NDO Japan Strategy
- Accountable to drive NDO Japan team to deliver as defined by strategy
- Create a productive & collaborative work environment for NDO Japan
- Drive NDO services sales through strong technical sales support
- Manage unit finances and administrative tasks as required
- Ensure the delivery capability is dimensioned according to forecast and is according to the business requirements
- Drive performance and competence management
- Background in (Radio) Network Design and Optimization
- Deep understanding of telecommunication industry trends and competitive environment
- Management of change/transformation projects to implement new ways of working
- Management experiences in mid / large organizations
- Innovation skills – ability to push ideas and create differentiators
- Previous leadership experience in multi-cultural environment preferred
- Excellent social skills and strong customer orientation
- Product/functionality related technology consulting experience a plus
- Ability to coach, develop and build the team’s skills to guarantee a high performance
- Financial acumen and business forecast abilities
- English language proficiency is a must
- Japanese language proficiency preferred
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || || Yokohama || Consulting&SysInt
Job details: Service Delivery Management Job Stage 08