Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Competency : R&D-SDN
Primary job responsibilities
- Plan, track and coordinate the development of the product releases working in close cooperation with various stakeholders.
- Definition of project goals, objectives, strategies and priorities
- Setting up the project organization and securing resources
- Project Planning, Monitoring and Controlling Project Performance as well as subsequent reporting on progress and cost in the most efficient way to achieve the project objectives
- Executing the project, seeing to it that the goals are met and the requirements are fulfilled to the correct quality standard.
- Manage new or changed requirements as well as risks.
- Delivering project on-time and to customer commitments
- Securing and maintaining adequate and sufficient information distribution.
- Building up an efficient project team and related forums as chairman, as well as for dissolving it with lessons learned for organizational learning.
- Driving for Operational Excellence in all areas, ensuring optimal utilization of drafted resources and applied processes
- 12+ years of significant software product development experience.
- Should have at least 8 years of project management experience.
- Given the responsibilities and deliverables from the projects, must have a high structural ability in order to create and drive the development teams on different levels.
- You are self-motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand your knowledge
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of R&D SW and HW processes in large global organizations
- Project Management in large matrix global organization is big plus
- We expect you to be an excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven, people-oriented person with good networking skills along with the ability to motivate employees in the organization.
- You have a strong ability to see the whole picture and to focus on the important details in a pragmatic and result oriented way with ability to challenge when needed.
- International experience is a merit.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification, with requirements for continued professional development is a plus
- Team player with outstanding skills in cooperation amongst key stake-holders
- Proven and documented leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Excellent understanding of Agile ways of working and methodologies.
- Good understanding of cloud computing and software-defined networking (SDN) domain
- Understanding of layer 2 and 3 networking internals
Education: Graduate in Computer Science or similar
Minimum years of relevant experience: Min 3 years of relevant work experience as Program Manager.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.