A System Engineer (system management) is the technically responsible of a specific system.
The system can be as small as a function area, a node, and a solution in the 5GC and EPC (Evolved Packet Core) Network.
The purpose of the system management is to identify technical requirement on the system based on the business needs and opportunity and come up with system solution to meet the technical requirement.
Suitable candidate will initially work with one function (i.e. AMF, SMF) in 5GC or one node (i.e. MME, EPG) in the EPC Network, depending on the business needs.
Strategy and Plan
- Perform system study upon customer requirements, provide high-level solution with modelling as well as rough cost estimation for the complete development
- Maintain, improve and design system characteristics, act as the owner of System Characteristics
- Provide guidelines on how functions are deployed and ensure developed solutions are in accordance with defined system architecture
- Define and manage technical requirement, act as the owner for technical requirement specification of the system
- Analyze characteristics impact from the customer requirement
- Design system characteristics for new product
- Take the ownership of system design and system documentation
- Define, maintain system architectures, act as the owner of System Architecture
- Perform architecture review and propose architecture improvement and evolution
- Be responsible for explanation and clarification for features of the released products
- Act as the owner of technical product documentation and CPI (Customer Product Information)
- Act as contact interface regarding system issues, represent in external review/discussion, including customer discussions and workshops
- A university degree or above in telecommunication, computer science or equivalent.
- At least 3-to-5-years of working experience in telecommunications industry within system management or system integration areas.
- Three categories of competence are required for system engineer.
Professional and Technical Competence
- Competencies specific for a certain operation, occupation or task, for instance technical design, telecommunications and product knowledge.
- Evolved Packet Core Products and Solutions
- 3GPP/3GPP2, CCSA and other technical specifications/standards knowledge
- Knowledge on Cloud concepts such as Virtualization, Containers and Container Orchestration
- Knowledge on Cloud Networking, HTTP(S), TCP/IP and other relevant Internet protocols
- Software Development Process
- Product Lifecycle Management Process
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Shanghai || R&D
Job details: Developer