Do you have 10 years' experience working in compliance, with at least 5 years of anti-bribery and corruption compliance or related field experience?
Have you at least 3 years line management experience coupled with a Master of Law, Business, Accounting or other university degree suitable for compliance?
If you have experience in antitrust, competition, AML, data privacy or trade compliance that is very much a plus.
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, the Head of Market Area Compliance Unit will have full responsibility for implementing the ethics and compliance program in all operating units and legal entities within the countries of responsibility.
The Compliance Office within Group Function (GF) Legal Affairs & Compliance develop and maintain Ericsson’s ethics and compliance program. The Compliance Office has the group responsibility for three compliance areas: Antitrust (compliance with competition law), Anti-corruption (compliance with corruption and bribery law) and anti-money laundering (compliance with AML). The Compliance Office also support compliance teams in the MAs or operational units.
As Head of Market Area Compliance Unit:
- Lead in developing a culture of compliance, setting an example for transparency and promoting an environment where speaking up in a professional manner is encouraged.
- Implement the Ericsson Global Compliance Management System (CMS) in Market Area/Region of responsibility. Act as primary point of contact for the MA Head and the MA Leadership Team.
- Manage not only internal stakeholders (e.g., management, compliance network) but also external stakeholders, such as customers and other third parties in relation to compliance demands.
- Provide regular updates to management teams, the compliance organization and others, as needed, regarding implementation of the ethics and compliance program, including relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in areas of responsibility.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the local business activities and applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide oversight and direction in leading a team of MA Compliance Officers in the Market Area. Hire, train, motivate and coach employees, communicate job expectations, delegate responsibilities, assess employee performance and provide helpful feedback and development opportunities.
- Establishes strategic goals for the compliance program in the MA by gathering pertinent business and compliance information and evaluating outcomes.
- Identify local compliance priorities; plan and prioritize activities based on risk on a prescribed cycle (e.g., development of annual compliance plan).
- Ensure Group steering documents and adopted and localized in alignment with Group as necessary.
- Alongside colleagues from headquarters, perform and oversee compliance risk assessments, reviews and monitoring completed in the MA.
- Supplement group trainings to ensure local requirements are addressed; conduct and ensure appropriate monitoring of compliance training and awareness programs.
- Review commercial projects to identify and mitigate compliance risks presented.
- Ensure effective implementation of Third-Party Due Diligence (TPDD) process and train functions involved in the process, including third parties completing process, when needed.
- Act as single point of contact for compliance TPDD process and manage relevant review boards.
- Maintain documentation of compliant, timely and practical advice.
- Assist with assessment and management of material actual or potential conflicts of interest.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the speak-up directive relating to reporting of violations and concerns.
- Utilize the case management system and lead and/or support investigations.
- Manage reporting to relevant stakeholders regarding compliance-related reports of misconduct, investigations, and remediation efforts, where applicable.
- Work with local head(s) of legal and other stakeholders to ensure that interactions with local authorities and regulators are coordinated; implement processes to identify and manage regulatory requests and deadlines.
- Assist with or conduct compliance-related merger and acquisition (M&A) due diligences and execute integration activities in countries of responsibility, as needed.
- Draft compliance-related reports as required by the Compliance Office and other relevant MA stakeholders.
- Provide a healthy and safe work environment.
Profile and competence requirements
- High level of integrity with character consistent with Ericsson values of respect, professionalism and perseverance; must be empathetic and willing to listen.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong project management skill.
- Master of Law, Business, Accounting or other university degree suitable for compliance.
- Fluent in English, second language desirable.
- Working experience 10 years in compliance, legal or other relevant field (finance, audit).
- Working experience in compliance or other area, with at least 5 years of anti-bribery and corruption related compliance work.
- Working experience 3 years in line management position.
- Experience in antitrust, competition, AML, data privacy or trade compliance is a plus.
- Good business knowledge/understanding.
- Excellent networking ability and social skills including the ability to handle executive level internal and external contacts, including Government authorities and regulators.
- International experience and cultural awareness.
- Independent, goal-oriented and systematic way of working.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here