Functional Area : Service Delivery
Location: Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia
Travel Requirements : 25%
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
The Senior End-To-End Core Evolution Solution Architect will be the lead of whole Core Evolution (MSS Swap, IMS) delivery, operating within the “End-To-End Solutions & Core Network Function Virtualization” functional area which will focus on sales opportunities and delivery projects related to the introduction, migration and evolution to new core network technologies and applications, especially those involving IMS, VoLTE, VoWiFi, Cloud Infrastructure and Network Function Virtualization, MSS (mobile switching) and PSTN (public switched telephone network) evolution and Data Layer transformation.
He or she will be assigned and directly involved in creating proposals for those and will also take part in the delivery of the corresponding solutions.
For this, he or she will operate as Lead Consultant or Lead Solution Architect in:
- Sales and Add on Sales (AoS) opportunities related to won deal.
- Delivery projects, including assuming responsibility for leading large and strategic engagements
Responsibilities and Tasks
The main responsibilities and activities of the Senior End-To-End Core Evolution Solution Architect will be the following:
- Assume the role of Lead Consultant or Lead Solution Architect in customer engagements and workshops, creation of customer proposals and in the delivery of implementation projects related to Core solutions (NFVi, IMS, VoLTE, VoWiFi, MMTEL, RCS, Video-Conferencing, PSTN Transformation), including Network Function Virtualization of associated VNFs and Cloud Infrastructure aspects, ensuring adequate scope identification, definition and control in adherence to the customer engagement strategy, sales and add-on-sales planning
- Ensure a consolidated approach to opportunity development, sales engagement and project delivery, in adherence to Digital Services Ways or Working (WoW) and especially aligned with the methodologies, principles, guidelines and offerings provided by the Core & IP Practice in DGS (Digital Services), particularly by those developed by the NFVi and Core Domain
- Ensuring utilization of global assets and adherence to recommended approaches, in:
- Performing Reviewing of all deliverable of the delivery team
- Operating as shadow Senior Solution Architect to the local CSR/Lead Solution Architect handling key regional opportunities.
- Operating as Solutioning and Technology senior advisor
- Ensure a structured competence transfer towards Customer Unit (CU) team, by mentoring and conducting knowledge and experience sharing activities.
- Assume a consultative approach when engaging customers, taking an end-to-end perspective on the Transformation case across the several networks, Packet Core, Network Management and BSS domains involved and proactively identify and highlight key aspects to consider
- Motivate customers to Ericsson’s unique understanding on the most relevant solution, integration and planning aspects to consider in a project, identifying add-on possibilities to incorporate products and services from Ericsson’s portfolio
- Motivate customers to Ericsson’s experience and capability to deliver and provide not only the products but also the design, consultancy, systems integration, adaptation and customization services required for the implementation a complex Network Transformation solution
- Analyze customer requirements and the customer ecosystem and identify opportunities for additional business involving Ericsson solutions and professional services
- Assist local Ericsson teams to establish adequate Network Transformation strategies and customer proposals in what concerns the scope of professional services and establish adequate technical solution approaches to address the service and technical requirements at hand
- Ensure the dissemination of experience and best practices from other Transformation projects and Opportunities
Requirements & Qualifications
- Very experienced professional, preferably an Ericsson certified senior or principal Solution Architect or consultant, with an extensive set of technical and business skills, with a long and proven practice of customer facing and presentation engagements demonstrating consultative skills
- Highly proficient within the overall telecommunications technology and industry evolution trends
- Explicit customer focused business mind-set with clear orientation to practical results, revealing accountability and independence on performing his or her work based on defined objectives
- Has personally assumed leading roles as Solution Architect or Consultant in designing solutions, creating customer proposals and as part of delivery projects of highly complex SI intensive solutions, preferably those involving NFVi, IMS, VoLTE, VoIP, VoWiFi, UDM and MSS related technologies
- Has personally assumed the role of Solution Architect, Technology Consultant or Senior Integration Engineer in the design of solutions or in the delivery of projects related to Cloud Infrastructure and VNF implementation, integration and orchestration
- Completely familiar and knowledgeable with the technical and functional aspects of IP internetworking, LAN switching and telecommunication solutions, particularly those related to IMS, VoLTE, VoWiFi, TSS, MSS, and preferably extending to Cloud Infrastructure and Network Function Virtualization
- Proven leadership skills in leading cross functional teams in either sales or delivery capacity
- Five to seven years of experience with most focus on sales and delivery of Telecom Core solutions (NFVi, IMS, VoLTE, VoWiFi, MMTEL, RCS, PSTN transformation)
- Executive level engagement experience as part of sales and delivery of consulting or other professional services
- Excellent presentation, verbal communication and written English skills.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Malaysia (MY) || || Subang Jaya || ServEng
Req ID: 307498