We are currently recruiting for a Network Services Strategic Sourcing Manager (SSM) to support our Network Build nationally and strengthen Ericsson’s competitive position by maximizing supplier value, proactively managing business risks, and creating value for the Customer
As a Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will provide labor cost and level of effort (LOE) estimates and manage the Civils/Macro construction projects for Network Build and be accountable for the development and implementation of sourcing strategies that link to core business deliverables while leveraging the marketplace and supplier community. You will perform end to end strategic sourcing and stakeholder management functions: analyzing third party spend to identify opportunities, developing category and project strategies, and managing the sourcing process (including but not limited to RFx, negotiations, project management, contracting activities).
Responsibilities will include developing relationships and providing strategic category direction to executive management and cross functional teams. Finally, you will work across other Ericsson organizations to drive value and provide guidance as well as ensure adherence to procurement processes and policy compliance across the spend category
- Leads the sourcing process (RFx, RFI, RFP, reverse auction, negotiations), evaluations processes, and provides procurement support for Network Services Categories
- Develops and grows relationships with key Suppliers to support our growing Network Build business
- Utilizes the appropriate support tools to drive results and deliver savings
- Supports stakeholder spend / vendor related initiatives as needed
- Lead the contract negotiation process, negotiating: pricing, key terms, service level requirements, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and other performance and SLA metrics
- Manage the contract review process, obtaining the appropriate approvals prior to execution
- Maintain contracts for the assigned categories within the contract management tool on a continuous basis
- Develop and consistently execute category strategies across the assigned Network Services categories in support of achieving overall savings targets
- Analyze category markets, assess risk, gathering intelligence on fundamental conditions and technical information that impacts the category. Develop sourcing strategies and category strategies based on market intelligence gathered
- Perform total cost of ownership evaluations, perform supply-market research and conduct pricing and impact analysis
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and internal stakeholders to identify and execute continuous cost and performance improvement strategies
- Be the central point of expertise and knowledge for commercial aspects of each Network Services category
- Lead cross functional sourcing teams / Interact cross-functionally with all other departments and serve as an effective and value-added service for the entire organization
- Monitor category purchasing reports and ensure compliance to policies and procedures on a continuous basis
- Identify and implement streamlined category purchasing processes and supporting tools
- Measure and manage “suppliers’” (aka vendors, providers, agencies, firms, etc.) performance relative to contracted service levels and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Identify and resolve strategic supplier performance issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Negotiate and manage key supplier relationships and supply contracts
- Maintain regular contact with current suppliers and resolve ongoing issues as needed
- Promote continuous improvement/cost reductions on a regular and proactive basis
- Coach and develop team members in their performance and professional development
- Guide and coach staff on Sourcing best practices
To be successful in the role, you should have:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Supply-Chain Management, Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent.
- Min 3-5 years of Strategic Sourcing Experience
- Business Domain Experience: Telecom or IT Network Services, Construction, Professional Services, Cost Estimation
- Sourcing Practice, Process & Strategy Knowledge (Sourcing 7 Step Process)
- Change & Improvement Management Skills
- Commercial Acumen & Skills
- Financial Acumen & Skills
- US Laws as it relates to Contract Agreements
You might also have:
- Services Telecom Sourcing or Field experience preferred
- Master’s Degree in Supply-Chain Management or MBA preferred
- Working knowledge of Telecom, Technology and IT Business Concepts
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Pleasanton || Supply&Log