Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
We are looking for software developers for the MPS (Mobile Positioning System) product, as the full responsibility of MPS R&D is being moved to Hungary in 2019.
Ericsson has led the location based solutions for 10+ years, with deployments in a vast number of countries. Multiple positioning alternatives are supported for GSM, WCDMA and LTE, while 5G support is to be introduced in the next release of the product. The solution is a great contributor to address government ambitions on public safety and civil warning services. With the continuously growing number of smartphones in the world and the heavily increased needs for location information, the solution can also help operators to capitalize on new consumer demands, and on the increased interest in location-based advertising and data analytics for their enterprise solutions.
What will you do:
- Design and drive the implementation of the product's functional and non-functional requirements, working in an Agile team
- Own the implemented functionality: from design and implementation to production troubleshooting
- Be responsible for the quality of the technical solution
- Drive innovation by coming up with new ideas related to our product/our processes
Apply if you have:
- Solid knowledge in Linux
- Experience in C++ and scripting
- Experience in creating advanced software architectures, redesign and refactoring
- Familiarity with version control systems (GIT)
- Good command of English
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
It's a plus if you have:
- Experience working in a collaborative environment using agile methodology is desirable
- Experience in working with different virtualization and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, ADP)
- Telecommunications domain knowledge
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (bicycle storage, several parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile and laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
Location: 1117 Budapest, Magyar Tudósok Körútja 11.
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in. The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 307452