We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers, especially for their NFV network. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. The ability to deep dive including hands-on analysis is essential. It includes virtualization of all nodes on Ericsson proprietary HDS8000 hardware, with CEE (OpenStack), plus other 3PP platforms based on Unix OS.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge.
The Operations Support Systems Engineer deals with fault, performance, service and inventory management. Provides support and assistance along the entire Life Cycle of the platforms in scope. Creates new scripts to improve the functionality or prevention activities. (Bash, Python).
You will also:
• Perform both proactive and reactive activities in a scheduled manner or on-demand;
• Take action before problems become critical: system/hardware failures, hanged processes, scripts not having desired output, application errors, data flow ensuring that the services provided to our customers are continuously available and performing up to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels;
• Understand the customer’s network and systems architecture, liaise with applications experts, operations staff and users to determine requirements and provide quick resolution for technical issues.
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Minimum 5 years of exposure to IT systems at the administration level (storages, backup solutions, monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Veritas Backup) represents an advantage);
• Knowledge of Cloud (OpenStack);
• POSIX (Bash, Perl, Python, SQL scripting) used to automatize different system tasks – basic to medium knowledge level;
• Networking and basic routing (CISCO courses represent an advantage);
• Database administration basic knowledge (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL);
• Technical support environment exposure, working with tickets, priorities, Service Level Agreements, the on-call duty one week per month.
Would be nice to have:
• Mobile telecommunication systems knowledge;
• Radio & Core network (VNF) architecture knowledge;
• Knowledge of Network or Element Management Systems from various vendors -like Huawei M2000/U2000, Nokia NetAct, Performance Management Systems (data processing, parsing, database loading, and export/visualization).
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 307433