Want to deep-dive into the latest hi-tech, explore the inside of 5G Phones & IoT and be a part of the coolest team at Ericsson?
Then you are probably interested in joining our Technical Analysis/Reverse Engineering team in the IPR & Licensing organization!
In the team, we are committed to supporting the creation and commercialization of the industry’s strongest and most valuable patent portfolio. We have our own dedicated lab where technical analyses of mobile devices, including 5G devices, are performed with the aim of detecting patent infringements.
Ericsson is the largest creator and contributor of cellular standardized technology and consequently owns the industry’s strongest portfolio of patents essential to the 3GPP standards. Being a leader in radio infrastructure together with our history from smartphone development and with our ongoing research in device technology results in Ericsson owning a very strong portfolio of implementation patents. Our ability to file new implementation patents where infringement can be detected, and to actively work with infringement detection is essential for licensing our intellectual property and to be successful in litigations.
BA Technologies & New Businesses
New technologies are changing the way we interact and communicate—with one another and with the devices and machines that enrich our lives, transform industries and create a world of possibilities. At Technologies and New Businesses, we venture beyond the traditional boundaries of Ericsson’s core business to identify and invest in future game-changing growth bets by helping our innovators and intrapreneurs test and scale their ideas into viable businesses.
Our current businesses are targeting high growth markets where our technology is relevant, e.g. Industry 4.0 and smart manufacturing, IoT connectivity, connected vehicles, security and edge computing. Innovation is at our core, and Ericsson ONE is where new, game-changing ideas are brought to life.
We’re glad you’re here. Stick around, we can’t wait to see what’s next.
We are strengthening our capability and knowledge base with an experienced person to join our team.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Work on the latest state-of-the-art wireless technology
• Control your daily work to a high degree and influence the team’s route forward
• Be part of a dedicated team of highly skilled engineers
• Dive into the technical details of mobile handsets and IoT devices or figure out how the different design blocks interact on a system level, or anything in-between.
• Find ways for showing that IPR is infringed, and create test methods for producing evidence or indications of use
• Share your knowledge with colleagues in Ericsson’s IPR & Licensing organization
• Work with world-class external suppliers of reverse engineering and technical analyses
• Develop your skills and extend your professional network, and become an authority in patent infringement analysis
You as a person:
• You are a self-motivated team player
• You are driven by a deep interest in technology
• You can quickly switch between details and the broader perspective
• You can prioritize tasks in high-load situations
• You have good communication skills
• M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Physics or comparable
• Several years of hands-on experience from product development and system design of mobile handsets or wireless IoT devices
• Knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 signaling in 3GPP networks
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• PhD in engineering
• Deep understanding in systems aspects of mobile phones and IoT devices
• Experience from patent related work
• HW or SW reverse engineering
Hands-on work experience from one or more of the following:
- Layer 2 and layer 3 signaling SW design or testing for mobile handsets
- Test equipment or measurement instruments for product development of mobile handsets or IoT devices
- Trouble-shooting mobile phones during development phase on system or detailed level
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note we cannot accept applications via email.
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. Often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Lund || R&D
Req ID: 307432