Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Competency : R&D-SDN
We are looking for Developers to develop and support Cloud SDN Switch product. Your role will include all development activities such as: requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, software design, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, Product Lifecycle Management support and product documentation. Cloud SDN Switch product is part of the SDN PDG which is part of the Cloud PDU in Ericsson. Cloud SDN Switch is an integral component of Ericsson’s NFVI solution which is catered towards meeting the requirements of Data Center and Telco customers. Cloud SDN Switch provides data path functionality based on OpenSource OVS and DPDK.
Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
Responsibilities / Expectations:
- Design, implement and test new feature requirements/enhancements
- Preparation of design and test documents and getting it through the review process
- Support customer issues
- Support issues arising out of regular release related testing
- Represent the team/product in various technical forums in Ericsson
- Respond to product queries from internal teams and customers
- Support technical publication teams in having the right product documents
- Support other teams in Ericsson during trouble shooting sessions
- Hardworking, committed and available to support the organization in time of need.
- Being a good team player
- Contribute actively in innovation leading to product improvement and customer satisfaction
- Deliver results and meet customer expectations
- Education: BE or higher
- Experience: 12+ years
- Domain Experience:
- Excellent data plane forwarding experience in physical or virtual environments
- Excellent working experience in Unix variant environment and has very good understanding of the OS/Platform aspects
- Excellent ‘C’ coding skills
- Experience in virtualization technologies
- Experience in OVS/DPDK will be a plus
- Product development and product lifecycle management experience
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.