Graduate Data Scientist
Based in Reading, Berkshire
Here at Ericsson, we create transformational technology, conceived, designed and delivered to make people’s lives easier, more fulfilling and more connected. But we don’t simply transform technology. We transform people too, by giving them support, and learning and career development opportunities. We encourage innovation and experimentation and we want our people to be brave, take ownership of their performance and dare to do more. This means that freedom, autonomy and personal responsibility are corner stones of the Ericsson culture.
You’ll only get to start your career once. Let’s make it a good one.
What are we looking for?
Ericsson UK are growing their team of Data Science Experts at their Reading office and are looking for brilliant graduates with a passion for technology to join their team. The role gives a comprehensive insight in the World of ICT and successful candidates will enhance their Data Analytics skills and qualifications to thrive in an exciting career.
As part of this role you will be working with the leading UK Telecoms operators, driving end-user service improvement and efficiencies in the way we monitor and maintain the customer's networks. The insight gained through data analytics and modelling will also play a vital part in shaping and delivering the next levels of Automation and machine learning which will a key enabler as we embark on the journey of 5G and IoT. Whilst the focus is on UK based customer the reach really is global, it will be just as important to share “best practice” in terms of knowledge, understanding and process as it will be ensuring that you are learning and implementing ideas shared within the global organisation.
- High quality (2:1 or above) numerate degree (Mathematics, Physics, etc.) and excellent A-level results. Degrees from other disciplines will be considered for those with a passion and aptitude for a career in technology and data science;
- Proven record of using statistical models, like linear and logistic regression model, clustering, predictions and detection.
- Commitment to career in technology or Data Science;
- Strong problem-solving skills: able to effectively analyse new situations and to suggest and implement pragmatic solutions;
- Excellent computer skills: programming experience and abilities to rapidly pick up new and emerging technology will be beneficial;
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly transforming environment: a can-do attitude with enthusiasm to pick up a broad set of tasks;
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration with wider team to share best practices
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Perks of Working with us
- Dynamic and modern workplace, in an ideal city centre location, opposite to the mainline station
- Access to global learning & development tools & programs and the latest technology
- Flexible working arrangements
- Strong employee perks and discounts on everyday items (50% off Cinema tickets, phone contract discounts, broadband deals)
- Monthly socials events & sports clubs
- A fun, friendly, inclusive & supportive environment
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 307238