Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
A 2nd line person has to support and fixed all BUSINESS AS USUALly related issues in complex enterprise systems, based on handover (training & documentation) from Tech Delivery teams. This would require a very good level of understanding and experience of MS/Linux servers, networking & storage, which would be assumed knowledge. They should understand how we use certain technologies, follow the guidelines & be able to resolve issues quickly or collate precise information for escalation to 3rd line. 2nd Line Engineer should take ownership of issues through to resolution and communicate to the customer.
This role is for a System Engineer that will operate, maintain, and expand the IT systems (platforms) providing Live and On-Demand video services for a Pan European operator from the centralized NOC
You will also:
• Support and manage entire architecture(Linux Based) for Video services
• Performs configurations and implementation (deployment) of various components both on physical and virtual hardware
• Perform integration between various components
• Supports capacity and planning modeling against requirements
• Actively participate and coordinate tests to verify new platform functionality
• Assist affiliates in setting up operational procedures to run/implement new functionality
• Provides knowledge transfer
• Provides handover documentation
• Provide expertise in the analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with vendors and other Corporate teams as needed
• Troubleshoot and identify software bugs, perform root cause analysis on performance issues as needed.
• Provide feedback to the T&I teams (Technology, Product, IT ) concerning the performance and capacity of the interactive platform in production.
• Work closely with the NOC department and NMS team to set the requirements for alarm management.
• Application support on Linux and Solaris systems.
• Administering MySQL databases, Perl and PHP application scripts, and storage systems
• Develop custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring of the Interactive Video solutions.
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Relevant experience of implementing, supporting and troubleshooting complex enterprise-level Microsoft and Linux based systems in a fast-paced commercial environment, with the ability to resolve issues or escalate in a concise manner
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Experience with Unix/Linux
• Experience with a RESTful architecture
• Strong analytical skills; the ability to see at both the helicopter view and focus on detail if required
• Familiarity with micro-services based architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Knowledge of CDN technologies and next-generation CDN technologies is a plus
• Understanding of IP and broadcast networking as well as data center infrastructure.
• Full understanding of internet protocols like HTTP, HTPP/2, RTP, RTCP, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, ARP, ICMP,
• Experience in Media Delivery Platform & Content Protection implementation of B2C video services is a plus
• Experience with working in an international and distributed team environment is a plus
• Experience in technical delivery management
• Understanding of entertainment technology & ecosystem from Video Head-End (DVB technologies) & Media • Delivery Platforms, and Apps (IOS, Android, HTML5) is a plus
• The familiarity around Video CAS, DRM, Video back-ends, workflows, CMS, security services, Application Services, CDN, Ad Insertion, broadband data, home networking, TV, VoD, cDVR is a plus
• Familiarity with Audio and Video coding/decoding technologies is a plus
• Familiarity with related IT systems (OSS & BSS)
• Relevant experience of providing 2nd-3rd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment
• Relevant experience in supporting VMware environments
• In-depth knowledge of standard Linux tools & scripting languages (e.g Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python)
Substantial experience of systems automation, configuration management, automated server builds and monitoring tools. e.g: Puppet, Jenkins
• Experience of configuring and maintaining a range of common server applications, including Apache, Samba, Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, MS SQL, SharePoint, etc
• Understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs, and firewalls
• A rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation, and knowledge transfer.
• Knowledge &/or experience of using Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, etc.
• Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
• Experience of Client liaison, including acting as a Technical Representative in meetings with a Client’s technical and non-technical staff
• Ability to process and present complex system information in a clear and concise fashion for escalation to senior teams for prompt issue resolution.
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.