Development System and Environment is part of BA Digital Services R&D and Portfolio. We Create and Manage a Compelling State of the Art Development System and Development Environment (design, test and deploy) that give Ericsson a Competitive Advantage.
We are now looking for a highly ambitious and experienced engineer with leading skills to join our team within the cloud area that will provide technical service and support of Cloud Products (i.e. Cloud Execution Environment, Cloud Container Distribution and Software Defined Networking) for our customers and users. We are looking for a hands on person covering Life Cycle Management of multiple Cloud Environments.
You will work in a Dev/Ops team and have chance to work with the latest technology of Cloud. The Shared Telecom Services (STS) Engineer typically interacts with other teams, operation managers, service engineers etc. Working as a STS engineer will require a broad knowledge within Datacom, covering both hardware, software and IP networking. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in the international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers.
- Cloud technologies (e.g., OpenStack, Kubernetes/Docker)
- Virtualization (e.g., KVM, QEMU, Libvirt, VMWare)
- IP networking concepts and packet analysis (e.g., Ethernet, TCP/IP, Wireshark)
- Knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu/Red Hat desirable) including extensive Hands on and Administration
- Good understanding of VNF (Virtualized Network Functions)
- Ensure customer satisfaction and successful handling and reporting of technical problems.
- Passion and engagement in constantly making things better
- Market insight and skills
You have a big plus if you have some experience in some of the areas below:
- Ericsson SW CEE (Cloud Execution Environment), CCD (Cloud Container Distribution), SDN (Software Defined Networking)
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Ansible)
- DevOps tools (e.g., Git, Gerrit, Jenkins)
- Ericsson Telecom products e.g. vIMS, Packet Core, or UDM (User Data Management)
- Life Cycle Management of Cloud Environment
- Ericsson HW e.g. HDS, BSP etc
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or extensive experience in related area
- Quick Learner in new technology
- Team work spirit
- Planning and Organizing
- Innovating, adapting and responding to change
- Business understanding
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Fluent in English
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || R&D
Req ID: 307055