Ericsson is driving 5G standardization and was the largest contributor to the standardization body in 3GPP during 2018. Ericsson is committed to rapidly applying these standards to our technology development. Ericsson is a technology leader in 5G. Pioneering customers select us as their 5G partner and we are first with commercial live networks in four continents. This includes multiple operators in both the US and South Korea, as well as in Switzerland, Australia and UAE. We have publicly announced commercial 5G deals with more than 20 named operator customers. In India, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for India’s largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers.
As the Head – Transport, You will be responsible for ensuring Transport Design and Optimization project deliveries are carried out in line with the best global practices throughout all phases of the delivery lifecycles and thereby ensuring a profitable business outcome with high levels of customer satisfaction.
You will ensure your team is dimensioned both in scale and skill to meet the business needs from tactical and strategic perspectives. A relentless focus on extracting bottom line improvements via automation, processes, tools and delivery model innovations will be a key component of the role.
You will report to the Customer Unit (CU) Operations Head – West and will be located in Mumbai
- You will develop and lead a team both in scale and skill to deliver according to the agreed business and delivery strategies.
- You will define, develop and drive execution of global best practices and processes in Transport Design and Optimisation covering IP/MPBN, IP/MPLS, C/E RAN, Optical/DWDM, Fronthaul, Microwave and RAN Transport. This will cover Solutioning, HLD and LLD including dimensioning.
- You will be the prime interface with the CU Network Services, Product Development Units & Product Area Network Design and Optimization organisations for all Transport related areas.
- You will engage proactively with the leadership and with the respective sales organisations within the Key Accounts to identify and drive leads and opportunities from concept to realization. Key role in reinforcing add- on sales culture and driving top line growth.
- You will together with the respective project/program organisation enhance the profitability through continual commitment and proactively drive efficiencies via tools, process and innovative delivery strategies. You will leave no stone unturned to find smarter, faster deliveries, leveraging on automation – Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Ownership & implementation for all tool platforms required for the Transport Design and optimisation are deployed, operated and maintained throughout their lifecycle.
- You will lead and support the pre-sales engagements including solution definition, costing, scoping, RFP etc where required.
- You will lead and guide SME’s on daily engagements and towards customer escalations.
- You will lead C-Level customer presentations (Customer CTO, Planning Head etc.) where required and proactively engage on a regular basis within the customer organisation to identify needs, expectations and develop close relationships.
- You will be accountable for the development of the technical competence and certification in line with our 3 years rolling projected business demand.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Leadership Qualities
- Demonstrated skills to lead large service delivery teams in diverse and complex operational environments. Leading them to successful project outcomes in customer projects and CxO engagement.
- Self-Driven with a proactive approach to manage issues that require your guidance and to drive them to conclusion.
- Develop a culture within the team that challenges, sustains, engages and motivates them.
- Lead by example and take accountability to deliver. Build a positive, high energy team and culture to achieve goals.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in ICT Industry with experience across all phases of project starting from pre-sales to service delivery.
- Operational telecoms management experience of a least 3 years.
- Demonstrated Network Design and Optimization background for a minimum of 7 years with a focus on Transport.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding service environment with changing and tight deadlines.
- Strong and proven negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or IT mandatory
- Additional Business-related qualifications are highly regarded
What’s in it for you?
We’ll help you design your future. You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
What’s more, you’ll experience the inclusiveness and warmth of a proudly global company that’s only ever been in it for the long-term. You’ll feel the enthusiasm of a totally international and truly tenacious team at your side for the moments of life that matter to you.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
For more details about Ericsson ethics and values and our recruitment process please click here- https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process