We are developing the core network for next generation mobile networks. We are looking for a Senior Developer to contribute to our 5G development team.
Your role will include all software development activities such as: requirement analysis, impact in software architecture, software development, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, Product Lifecycle Management support and product documentation.
Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
We are looking for highly motivated senior/experienced professionals, passionate about SW aiming for an international and enriching working environment. Within R&D we work with cutting edge technologies that we renew on the go as we embrace new systems and tech.
You will work with technologies such as containers, cloud, multi-clustered systems, microservices, continuous integration and continuous delivery, digitalization of activities,... among others. You will be part of a self-organized team including top professionals to learn from.
In Ericsson, we are looking for a Senior software developer with deep/strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in Cloud-native software stacks and execution environments (Kubernetes, Dockers); proficient in the programming of open-platform, real-time and high-availability system, as well as scripting.
What you will do:
You will work for Madrid R&D site to develop 5G mobile system core products. You will become an R&D engineer as part of the R&D Ericsson global development community.
- Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling.
- Develop and test high quality products
- Perform trouble shooting and customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Telco, Computer Science, or close.
- Linux fan: do you use Linux over Windows? This is your place.
- Being already senior in software development for open-platform, real-time and high-available systems.
- Valuable: contributing to open source projects: Linux, Kernel, Cloud Native Foundation, distributed systems development.
- Willing to share knowledge and learn (curious!!)
- Good communication skills and open personality
- Fluent in English
- Experience with programming languages in real projects. C++ is a must for this position. Golang is a plus, as well as scripting languages (Python).
- Professional software development practices including code reviews, unit testing and regression testing.
- Design and implementation of microservices, container-based and cloud-native application development. High availability concepts/ techniques (replication, leadership election, active/standby).
- TCP/IP Networking and evolution transport protocols, data networks and IP-based applications (HTTP/2, HTTPS, ..).
- Capacity to investigate and debug complex issues. Including performance tuning experience, troubleshooting, core dump analysis, …
- Knowledge in operating system architectures and capacity to model scalable designs and solutions
- Knowledge in Mobile network architecture 4G/5G. Interfaces, protocols, functions.
- Knowledge in real time data analytics algorithms
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary Package
- Rich benefits package ( private medical care for the employee, life insurance, lunch voucher, gym discounts, kindergarten voucher...)
- Stable employment on the basis of an employment contract
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning opportunities and knowledgeable colleagues
- clearly defined career paths
- Work-based on developing the latest solutions in the area of mobile technology
- Work from home, flexible working hours, laptop and mobile phone.
- Work-life balance
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!