What does your future look like?
We are on the edge of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publicly listed company with more than 95,000 employees.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications.
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Based within the Network Design and Optimization (NDO) Strategic Competence Unit (SCU), a highly experienced globally exposed team at Ericsson located in several countries. You will be working at the cutting edge of technology (5G, IOT, ML/AI, VoLTE, AEO/E2E) and will be involved with projects in many diverse global locations. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert (SME) and a go-to person in the field of Network Design and Optimization. Although this position is based in Spain you will be required to travel extensively to Ericsson and Customer sites around the world, for both short and long duration assignments.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Participate in delivery services in the area of Network Design and Optimization, an also support presales activities
- Lead discussion with Customers (Technical Staff and Senior Management), understand customer requirements
- Provide network solutions on the latest technologies in Radio Access Network (RAN) space, considering E2E impacts
- Develop and present technical presentations and proposals
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Support product and delivery teams to ensure designed solutions are developed and deployed to meet objectives
- Provide ideas and suggestions to Product Management to further improve/add/modify existing offerings within the Network Design and Optimization portfolio
- Engage business stakeholders in understanding potential technologies capabilities
- Manage customer expectations, implementation of customer solutions within agreed time, scope and cost
- Work under tight time schedules
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
The successful applicant must have a blend of skills required to contribute in pre-sales and delivery processes, use of consulting methodology and development of the technical expertise across the team:
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or IT
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in ICT Industry with experience in pre-sales and service delivery
- Senior consultative approach toward the customer
- Network Design and Optimization experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), VoLTE, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML & AI) applied to NDO services, and App Experience Optimization / End-to-End
- Deep technical knowledge in RAN (the needed skills to be capable of finding solutions to solve issues)
- End to End knowledge of services, covering devices, RAN, Transport and Packet Core domains
- Very good knowledge of Ericsson equipment, radio network features, algorithms and parameters
- Deep data analytics knowledge (statistical tools, methods/processes to analyze and correlate data)
- Able to understand customers business objectives and pain points and able to link them to improvements in Network Performance and End User Experience
- Experienced in using radio network design and optimization tools
- Proven track record of leading teams to successful project outcomes in international engagements
- Ability to communicate, articulate, present and influence the C-Level (CTO, CEO…) by knowing the impact of any action/service on their business
- Programming skills/experience in languages will be an added advantage (for example, R, Python - Pandas & NumPy, Pyspark, Hadoop, Git repository, etc…)
- Ability to travel globally for a significant part of the time (in the range of 50%)
- Developing Others & Knowledge Sharing
- Team player but also demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, initiative and ability to work under pressure and learn independently
- Ability to be part of a globally located organization to facilitate cross sites collaboration
- Innovation and proactive attitude
- Good presentation, time management and leadership skills & ability to work with diverse backgrounds
- Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery. Strong customer focus and high concern for quality is required
- Excellent communication - Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Good inter personal skills and relationship development with customer
- Market insight, up to date with new developments in related technologies and products
- Financial understanding
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || || Madrid || ServEng
Req ID: 306992